Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
548 Posts
After 2 years and countless miles riding the Hightower V2 as a 29er, this conversion made it feel like an entirely different bike.

Had a blast putting it through the paces at Snowshoe Bike Park.

Santa Cruz Hightower V2 MULLET Conversion.

View attachment 1949393
I think the mullet fad is popular for racing DH bikes but probably not for regular riders. You don't see them on the EWS which tends to race on trails systems and not bike parks. Cascade Components make some interesting links. Hope they keep it up.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,818 Posts
Good video debunking this mullet thing. If you have the height and inseam, full 29er is the way to go...hopefully you have the option of adjusting chainstay length a bit. I can't imagine riding up at Whistler now without 29er wheels anymore.

· Registered
Santa Cruz Hightower CC V2
328 Posts
Hey man just watched your vid! Good job! Did you do any kind of custom tuning to your Super Deluxe? I am waiting to get my suspension back from SS. I had the Vorsprung Tractive tune installed. Curious about what others experiences are with Tractive…?

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey man just watched your vid! Good job! Did you do any kind of custom tuning to your Super Deluxe? I am waiting to get my suspension back from SS. I had the Vorsprung Tractive tune installed. Curious about what others experiences are with Tractive…?
No re-valving or anything. Just my own personal tuning with tokens and settings. I ran a megneg for a brief period but wasn't a fan. I've mostly run a different shock on this bike, but it wasn't suited to the mullet link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.