Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im stumped to find out that after my experiment was done, i failed to have it <= 20lbs. :(

my bike build came up to 21.10 lbs. any suggestions where i can shave off 1.1 lbs?

ADVERTISED WEIGHT IN GRAMS
1,140.00SANTA CRUZ HIGHBALL CCFRAME
1,351.00FORK 32 SC FIT4FORK
422.00SRAM XX1 EAGLE DUB 34TCRANK
333.00shimano xtr 11 spd M9000CASSETTE
262.00kmc x11sl 11 speedCHAIN
620.00SHIMANO XT BR/BL-M8000 342g rear,278g frontBRAKE SET
262.00SHIMANO XT ROTORS @131g eachROTORS
106.00CK HS - DROPSET 1HEADSET
--FROM OLD HT MTB. CARBON EBAYHANDLEBAR
--EASTON EC90 FROM SFSTEM
102.00WHEELS MFG. SRAM DUB COMPATIBLEBB
37.00KABOLT FRONT AXLE
64.00DT SWISS RWS REAR AXLE
312.00XTR PEDALS @156g each
1,690.00FB MARKETPLACE NEXTIE WITH HOPE 4 PRO HUBSWHEELSET
630.00BONTRAGER XR2 TEAM take off @$20FRONT TIRE
630.00BONTRAGER XR2 TEAM take off @$20REAR TIRE
18.00STANS NO TUBES TUBELESS VALVES @9G EACH
241.00THOMSON ELITESEATPOST
205.00FIZIK ARIONE R5SADDLE
325.00STANS SEALANT AT 65G PER SCOOP X5 SCOOPS
558.00XT DI2 1X11 DRIVETRAIN (DISPLAY,SHIFTER,REAR DER,BATTERY,X3 CABLES

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Mt Zoom bar
Uno or KCNC Flyride stem with ti bolts
XTR 9000 Race brakes
XTR 9000 race pedals. Your weights are way off on those.
KCNC Razor brake rotors. Ai2 rotors are lighter but don't stop as well or last as long as the Razors.
Several cheap light weight seatposts available
That wheelset is a boat anchor. Look at LB or Carbonfan with DT 240 hubs. Photo's are 27.5 rims.
Hardlite rear axle.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mt Zoom bar
Uno or KCNC Flyride stem with ti bolts
XTR 9000 Race brakes
XTR 9000 race pedals. Your weights are way off on those.
KCNC Razor brake rotors. Ai2 rotors are lighter but don't stop as well or last as long as the Razors.
Several cheap light weight seatposts available
That wheelset is a boat anchor. Look at LB or Carbonfan with DT 240 hubs. Photo's are 27.5 rims.
Hardlite rear axle.
Your pedals are too heavy. Swap the tires for continental Race king 2.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

They are actually under the claimed weight of 310 grams, but I was showing XTR pedals do not weigh 748 grams. Obviously lighter options out there. So what scale shots are you posting of your pedals.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are actually under the claimed weight of 310 grams, but I was showing XTR pedals do not weigh 748 grams. Obviously lighter options out there. So what scale shots are you posting of your pedals.
748 for both pedals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks. Will look into those tires.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My M9000 XTR weighs in at 156gr per pedal. 312 for the pair. You're taking the weight for the pair and multiplying it by two.

View attachment 1266077
lol.... i just took posted weight and not actual weights and assumed 312 was per pedal. now it makes sense.

i have a spreadsheet at work where my total posted weight was higher than my actual weight which i thought did not make sense... glad i found where the problem was.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
lol.... i just took posted weight and not actual weights and assumed 312 was per pedal. now it makes sense.

i have a spreadsheet at work where my total posted weight was higher than my actual weight which i thought did not make sense... glad i found where the problem was.
"glad I found where the problem was"
Did you look at the first reply in this thread ?? Its right there in text and photo.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

Hope this help. 201g. One. 402 a pair.

Ah man that is some first class trolling right there, I almost spit my coffee all over my computer, good one. So the OP is talking about XTR clip-ins, you point out XTR's are to heavy at 304 grams for the PAIR and you then post a set of certified boat anchor flats at 402 grams LOL.
I'll play along though, here are my Fat bike flats with Ti axles and pins. Just to clear up any confusion, the scale shot is of TWO pedals.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My highball c weights 9,2kg. I can put the custom build table here if you want.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
please do. would be happy to see it.thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ah man that is some first class trolling right there, I almost spit my coffee all over my computer, good one. So the OP is talking about XTR clip-ins, you point out XTR's are to heavy at 304 grams for the PAIR and you then post a set of certified boat anchor flats at 402 grams LOL.
I'll play along though, here are my Fat bike flats with Ti axles and pins. Just to clear up any confusion, the scale shot is of TWO pedals.
What flat pedal are those,
I'm looking for some lightweight flats.

Thanks.

·
MaLóŒ¢*size=
817 Posts
This bike can be weight reduced a lot, really a lot. Put aluminium and ti bolts everywhere. Get a non shimano rotors, 90g each. Get ti bolts for those brakes in aliexpress. Never in your life use a thomson component if you want to reduce weight, get a light far near thru axles from aliexpress.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.