Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship is auctioning off any Santa Cruz frame(except V10) now through Sunday, December 21st on Ebay. You pick it and it will be shipped directly to you from Santa Cruz Bikes. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110327482469

Santa Cruz Bicycles has been very generous and has donated this "you pick it" frameset to the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship to aid us in our fundraising efforts to build the North Yuba Trail.
This auction includes your pick of any of the following:
* Blur XC
* Blur LT2
* Blur 4X
* Nomad (2008)
* Bullit
* Heckler
* Superlight
* Chameleon
* Jackal
* Juliana
* Stigmata

Check out all the options at www.santacruzbikes.com, and check out www.yubaexpeditions.com for any of the parts you might need to build a full bike.

This is a unique opportunity to get a brand new Santa Cruz at a great price and help keep the Sierra Buttes area trails (Downieville, CA and surrounding area) world class. All funds raised in this auction will go directly to the SBTS winter trails program. For more information on the SBTS check us out at www.sierratrails.org

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
times a tickin

the auction for a Santa Cruz frame of your choice ends tonight at around 6:00pm. all proceeds generated from the auction will be used to complete the North Yuba Trail extension; a trail we've been digging on since 1998.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
thanks for digging

hey, I love technical trails too. But I love open legal fast flowy trails as well. And I like new trails that don't get washed away when it rains.
You guys are awesome for getting that done. I am gonna go donate a couple bucks
at www.sierratrails.org. And everyone else should too, because it makes a difference.
Nothing like getting a new trail for Christmas!

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Admirable effort and all, but......what's the point of making suspension bikes if all the features that require suspension are removed? I'm just a fan of mountain biking for the part of biking on mountainous terrain. But that's just me I guess.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
From what he told me yesterday out at our local trail, one of our local riders won the bid and selected a BLT2. When it gets here, looks like we'll be building a BLT2 up for him at the shop.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I take it you've never been to Downieville

DHidiot said:
Admirable effort and all, but......what's the point of making suspension bikes if all the features that require suspension are removed? I'm just a fan of mountain biking for the part of biking on mountainous terrain. But that's just me I guess.
Nor have you been on the North yuba trail in question. That trail is certainly no beginner trail no matter how groomed those pics look, rather a strenuous XC ride with steep bluffs and stunning views of the North Yuba river. 17 miles of legal sustainable singletrack sound pretty good to me. Or maybe you just like to tear up the 'mountain' with you full suspension DH bike riding off the trail and damaging the natuaral ecosystem so nobody else can ride there. If you want DH, there are plenty of legal epic DHs in Downieville to be had. Ride the trail before you judge based on a few pics.

Just my opinion.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
I certainely have ridden Downieville. I ride my DH bike on DH trails. Anything else is covered by my 5-6" bike.

I think it'd be more appropriate for Santa Cruz to auction of a Chameleon for this particular event, that's all...

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
DHidiot said:
So buy yourself your own mountain and ride your features to your heart's content. National Forest really isn't into that...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks to SC for displaying such generosity to support their local trails. This is just a small sampling of my local trail the bike will be primarily used on. I believe the LT2 will be more than up to the task. :) Thanks Yubaman.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Purs, I think you got a great deal at $1425...

I almost put in a bid of $1550 while it was at about $1200. Would've made a nice xmas present for myself, but I've been a little naughty this year. Besides, I couldn't justify it as I'd recently bought an LT1 off ebay and built it up. Congrats

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
Purs (and TNC) I envy you guys - these trails do look demanding. Not a single rock where I live, just flow, soft stuff and roots. To get these sharp edges I need to travel south.
LT2 will feel home. I'd sure like to check it with my double barrel....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.