Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if a Fox DHX Air off a 2006 Heckler is the same as one off a 2006 Blur LT? I know the size and stroke are the same, I am wondering valving/tuning. I read on santacruzmtb.com that the Fox shocks on Santa Cruz bikes are specially tuned for Santa Cruz bikes.

THIS IS OFF THE FAQ PAGE

What is the Blur LT rear shock size?
Blur shock size ** –
7.875" eye to eye x 2.25" stroke
Mounting Bushing width –
Front - 22mm
Rear – 18mm
Mounting Bolt Diameter -
Front - 8mm
Rear – 9.53mm
**Note: All our stock OE rear shocks are tuned/damped specifically for each frame model. Aftermarket shocks may not feel the exact same as the OE stock rear shocks that ship with our frames as standard.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
sanman said:
Can someone tell me if a Fox DHX Air off a 2006 Heckler is the same as one off a 2006 Blur LT? I know the size and stroke are the same, I am wondering valving/tuning. I read on santacruzmtb.com that the Fox shocks on Santa Cruz bikes are specially tuned for Santa Cruz bikes.

THIS IS OFF THE FAQ PAGE
"
What is the Blur LT rear shock size?
Blur shock size ** -
7.875" eye to eye x 2.25" stroke
Mounting Bushing width -
Front - 22mm
Rear - 18mm
Mounting Bolt Diameter -
Front - 8mm
Rear - 9.53mm
**Note: All our stock OE rear shocks are tuned/damped specifically for each frame model. Aftermarket shocks may not feel the exact same as the OE stock rear shocks that ship with our frames as standard.
"
THose are tuned for the VPP bikes....not the single pivot bikes.

mtnbikej

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.