Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Transition Sentinel
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm gonna be visiting in mid-September and was hoping to demo from Santa Cruz for a day or two.

As of right now, it looks like they only offer dates in August. Does anyone know if they're only offering demos for the summer months, or maybe they're only offering dates one month at a time due to Covid guidelines?

Otherwise, I would rent from Sports Basement as I'm staying in the South Bay.

· Registered
2,435 Posts
A few years ago I got an Ibis demo from Spokesman Bicycles in Santa Cruz.

Is that Specialized place the same one that had all the winning racing bikes stolen from their museum a year or two back?

· Registered
896 Posts
Specialized had the bikes stolen from their HQ in Morgan Hill.
The Specialized shop in Santa Cruz that does bike demos is a different location, and I had a great experience renting from them a few months back. Two thumbs up for the crew working there.
Not sure what the LBS rental situation looks like in Santa Cruz, but I'm sure there's options.

· Registered
290 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm gonna be visiting in mid-September and was hoping to demo from Santa Cruz for a day or two.

As of right now, it looks like they only offer dates in August. Does anyone know if they're only offering demos for the summer months, or maybe they're only offering dates one month at a time due to Covid guidelines?

Otherwise, I would rent from Sports Basement as I'm staying in the South Bay.
I think they just schedule out a month in advance.

1,065 Posts
I think it is currently limited to Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They may get more restrictive due to the delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, but this is only my speculation, I haven't heard a thing.

As mentioned, Specialized now has a showroom on River Street.

Many of the local bike shops have true rental programs. One that might be worth considering (in addition to those listed) is Cycleworks, which maintains a variety of rentals, including Kona.

· Noob
141 Posts
The Santa Cruz Factory demo is open Thursday through Sunday right now. You can get the tickets and such on their website. It's really a great opportunity to try out their bikes. Unfortunately, you can really only rent one per day so you're sort of limited. That said everything is on display and the staff there is super. Also, Specialized is demoing bikes as well. I did both this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.