Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Next weekend at Seven Springs in PA there will be free Santa Cruz bike demos. I know Speedgoat will be there with their Nomads and Bullits. All together there should be 100 bikes available to demo (Trek and Kona will be there as well.).

In addition, it's a free ride weekend, meaning there will be NO CHARGE for lift tickets. If you live nearby or in a neighboring state take a day or the weekend to check out some new bikes, get some free riding in and show support for a new DH/FR bike park that's really starting to come together.

·
my fun has a hurting
658 Posts
too bad they left before noon because "it's going to rain all day, and by the time we clean the bikes, blah, blah, blah"

it sprinkled for 5 minutes once 4 hours later and that was it. someday i'll get to test out a bullit or nomad for real...

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cdburch said:
too bad they left before noon because "it's going to rain all day, and by the time we clean the bikes, blah, blah, blah"

it sprinkled for 5 minutes once 4 hours later and that was it. someday i'll get to test out a bullit or nomad for real...
Yeah, that was a little lame, but what are you gonna do? Trek packed up as well. At least the weather stayed clear for most of the day.

·
my fun has a hurting
658 Posts
it was a great day to be on the mountain. the turnout was incredible and hopefully the folks in charge took notice. Many thanks to Jeff from Kona for sticking it out all day with the demo bikes. he kept my day from ending early when i broke the qr skewer on my rear wheel, not to mention al the folks he let ride his personal bike.

on a side note i do think they need to either make it very clear that the jumps at the end are advanced/expert only and that you need to take the exit to the bike wash if you cant hang, or they need a more interesting but safer option next to the big jumps for everyone else. i saw at least three beginners get wrecked on them, not to mention all the near misses because someone gapping the table top couldn't see the beginners creeping along on the backside. That kid at the end of the day snapping his forearm in half kind of sealed the deal in my mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.