Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really wanting to up my Butcher to 650B any one have any pictures, and reviews of how they ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
499 Posts
The Butcher works fine no mods with 650B. I have ridden one all season.(large)
160mm Fox air Fork. 2.3 tires.

·
mtbr noob
104 Posts
Morph,
I like your butcher 650 and I'm going to try to mimic somewhat your build w/ just a few mods.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Morpheous , I have a 6 month old Butcher bought it at a close out price, medium , black RP23,Fox 36 Float up front,
rides really well, I have a Salsa Spearfish 29er and like how it rides but needs more travel on some of the trails I ride , so I thought maybe the Butcher with bigger wheels would be a good option, never going to get the best of both but I hope to close the gap a little, I find the 29er less tiring to ride , and I think its more to how it rolls and rolls maintains it momentum, were as 26 can sometimes hang up, more often.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks Morpheous , I have a 6 month old Butcher bought it at a close out price, medium , black RP23,Fox 36 Float up front,
rides really well, I have a Salsa Spearfish 29er and like how it rides but needs more travel on some of the trails I ride , so I thought maybe the Butcher with bigger wheels would be a good option, never going to get the best of both but I hope to close the gap a little, I find the 29er less tiring to ride , and I think its more to how it rolls and rolls maintains it momentum, were as 26 can sometimes hang up, more often.
..the wheel conversion should do the trick for you. What size is the spearfish? (I have a buddy looking for a large)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Morpheous, My Spearfish is a medium , but I'm in the UK shipping would be expensive.
Its Spearish 1 custom built by me, nice bike very xc..

·
Registered
9 Posts
650b Butcher Medium

LBS just finished it yesterday. Builder said there was contact with the seat tube when fully compressed when he test-rode it, but he's 260 lbs. Got a Neo-Moto 2.1 on the back. Took first ride and used all the rear suspension, with no sign of contact.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts