Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ridden both bikes? Trying to choose between the two for rocky rooty east coast single track endurance racing and riding. I've ridden the Flux extensively and love the DW link but the Santa Cruz is 1.5 lbs lighter. Geometry seems very similar so big thing is whether the VPP suspension is as good as DW. Any input? Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm a Flux owner so I am biased but I have ridden the Blur, albeit not extensively. If weight is a primary concern, you might be able to get the VPP close to the DW with some suspension tuning and appropriately using propedal.

I think spending extra coin is beneficial in either situation, lightening up the Flux or tuning the Blur.

·
bike weenie
589 Posts
Agree - I went from a Sultan to a Tallboy, and like it, but in order to feel as snappy accelerating, I use propedal setting 2 or 3. Even set like this, it is remarkably plush. I may send the shcok to Push and have them increase the propedal damping by 25% or so...

·
Registered
61 Posts
How do the bearings fair on the Turner DW. I have own a Blur Classic VPP and a Intense 5.5 VPP. The bearings on the Blur usually lasted only 9 months to a year. The Intense slightly better.

The Blur was a nice riding bike but maintenance was a little too much on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.