Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Downhiller in Flatland
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently riding a V10 and was thinking of downshifting to a smaller, lighter more nimble bike to ride at Ray's and eventually take it out to Whistler to primarily ride Crank It Up. I originally thought of getting a Jackal, but was unsure if I'd be able to handle any 'mistakes' (read: "casing doubles":madman: ).

For those of you riding the Blur 4X as more of a jump bike, what have been your impressions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I think it's a pretty good jump bike for a full suspension. It is not nearly as good as a hardtail for real dirt jumping or pumptracks...takes lots more work to get through a given set and it's just a bear to ride on pumptracks, but of the full suspension bikes I've ridden it jumps and pumps the best and is the most lively. As far as other riding, it is such a fun bike...it would be prime on crank it up for sure.

·
pin it to win it
541 Posts
Yes the blur 4x would be a good ss dj bike. But also the new blurlt can handle ss and dj ridin. I have been pounding on one since june. Its been to northstar many times and loves livewire the most. I actualy won the expert 18-26 class in the livewire clasic on it. On that same day I was shownin up a bunch of guys on hardtails at the jump park. I was throwin down on the big set which is 15+ft tall djs. You can think of the new blurlt as half of your v10

·
Downhiller in Flatland
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great feedback! I heard from a friend of mine (un-named Syndicate personnel) that Santa Cruz is coming out with a Slope Style bike in the spring. Anyone hear of this rumor or seen pix of Goldman et al on it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.