Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa came late for me this year!

I pulled the trigger and picked up a new '06 Fuel EX7 from Reynolds in London, scored a cool $1300 off the MSRP :D The pedals have already been replaced with some egg beaters.

now I really can't wait to hit the trails again

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Dude! Santa? Really? That is so cool. I thought that jolly old man went on vacation this time of year.

Nice score.

·
Registered
413 Posts

Well at least that explains why Santa didnt bring you a new tv. :D Vintage
Looks like my old one, I think I still have the Atari 2600 hooked up to it in the garage!

Nice ride all the same! Congrats.

And in honour of Picard.........this weather sucks

Cheers

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
smiley said:
And in honour of Picard.........this weather sucks

Cheers
Picard.... hahaha

He is one of the few people i put on my ignore list

I'll agree, this weather is not well suited for riding. It got me the day off school though :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, as for the TV, it was brand new back in '87 (I remember saturday morning cartoons on that baby) and it goes with the retro theme of my place, fits in nice with the old school wicker chair :D As you may have guessed I spend more time riding than watchin the tube.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
RatchAttack said:
Thanks for the replies guys, as for the TV, it was brand new back in '87 (I remember saturday morning cartoons on that baby) and it goes with the retro theme of my place, fits in nice with the old school wicker chair :D As you may have guessed I spend more time riding than watchin the tube.
probably a good choice. There is not usually much good on TV. It's good to have one though, to watch things such as the world junior hockey tournament :thumbsup:

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
That DVD player is funky too.

The DVD player under your TV is like one I have here - but it keeps eating my movies. I can't figure for the life of me why the slot is so damn big???:confused:

PS I'm not a huge Trek fan, but that is a sweet looking bike. Can you give us a ball park of what you paid for it? What does it weigh?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey nice bike, I bought the same bike from Reynolds in the middle of last season and I to got an amazing deal. THey are a great shop to deal with for sure, I love my bike, takes a lot of abuse, and climbs realy well.

The one thing is you have to tune it right in terms of the front and rear suspension to fit your riding style, after that the bike is a dream.

Do you ride with Reynolds in the spring/summer/fall on wednesdays at Fanshawe ?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
smiley said:
What made you pick the Fuel?
I was in the market for an XC full suspension that was a little on the tough side (I'm a clyde at 235lbs) to compliment my quiver of bikes (which up until now are all hardtails with the exception of a Kelin Mantra I rode in 2000/early 2001 then sold), I eyed the EX7 at Reynolds and I picked it up for a) the fit, it was great, b) I've heard good things about customer care with Trek, c) the price and component spec - this bike retails for around $2700 plus taxes, I paid $1700 with taxes.

This bike just seemed to work with my body and the style of riding I do, so It was a no brainer. The bike weighs in at 30lbs.

XC23: I ride fanshawe all the time but I didn't even know that Reynolds did a ride there, thats something I will check out for sure. You have any details? i.e. start time? what month they start up in? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Biggie said:
The DVD player under your TV is like one I have here - but it keeps eating my movies. I can't figure for the life of me why the slot is so damn big???:confused:
hahaha, I'm surprised that no one has spotted the VHS rewinder on the top right of the "entertainment center" lol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
RatchAttack said:
hahaha, I'm surprised that no one has spotted the VHS rewinder on the top right of the "entertainment center" lol.
Love the New wheels Eric, it might be time for a midnight run on the Hydro lines or Puslinch. CHEERS LOPEZ Let,s ride:thumbsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
great score ! Gota love those low season sell offs . I have bought all my bike and frames that way . Its just hard letting it sit there till the trails and weather gets better .
Cheeers

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Do you plan on swapping any of the components from your GT onto the Trek?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good question about the GT, and to tell you the truth, I'm really not quite sure yet guys. All the parts on the Trek are pretty nice (the Bontrager stuff also looks to be good quality), I might swap the XTR derailer and Sram 990 cassette off the GT but other than that I'm going to leave it be. The GT is built pretty light (for being a clyde-worthy bike - just under 27lbs) so I'm thinking I'll use the GT as my "race" bike for shorter races like Paris-Ancaster, Lake to Lake, etc. and use the Trek as a trail bike / enduro race bike for the various 8 hour deals I'm hoping to do (and maybe a 24 hour race, I hope).

Just thinking out loud - is there anyone looking for another member for a team on a 8/12/24 hour team?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lopez test pilot said:
Love the New wheels Eric, it might be time for a midnight run on the Hydro lines or Puslinch. CHEERS LOPEZ Let,s ride:thumbsup:
that would be a wild ride for sure, I gotta get my lights all fixed up, they keep dying on me in a matter of min. so I think the batteries are pooched. Let me know the next time you plan on heading out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
RatchAttack said:
Good question about the GT, and to tell you the truth, I'm really not quite sure yet guys. All the parts on the Trek are pretty nice (the Bontrager stuff also looks to be good quality), I might swap the XTR derailer and Sram 990 cassette off the GT but other than that I'm going to leave it be. The GT is built pretty light (for being a clyde-worthy bike - just under 27lbs) so I'm thinking I'll use the GT as my "race" bike for shorter races like Paris-Ancaster, Lake to Lake, etc. and use the Trek as a trail bike / enduro race bike for the various 8 hour deals I'm hoping to do (and maybe a 24 hour race, I hope).

Just thinking out loud - is there anyone looking for another member for a team on a 8/12/24 hour team?
Eric I already got your back, you will be on a local team with me this summer 24 and 8 hour races and possible a couple 100klm races for that single track loner in you. We also do the Ellicoteville mountain bike festival in New York state 3 1/2 hours from Kitchener and there Group rides are always awsome and the biking culture party,s at night are great. LOOK FORWARD TO SUMMER. CHEERS LOPEZ

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lopez test pilot said:
Eric I already got your back, you will be on a local team with me this summer 24 and 8 hour races and possible a couple 100klm races for that single track loner in you. We also do the Ellicoteville mountain bike festival in New York state 3 1/2 hours from Kitchener and there Group rides are always awsome and the biking culture party,s at night are great. LOOK FORWARD TO SUMMER. CHEERS LOPEZ
right on man!!!! I'm getting pretty amped about this year and doing some more racing and such. Looks like I better get serious about my training schedule.

And don't forget, you gotta come down to my neck of the woods to sample the Turkey Point singletrack ;)

Peace

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.