Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FedEx Santa came early today and dropped a new frame off at my house. :cool: Thanks to the awesome warranty of Soul Cycles, I have a brand new Titan. Seems like a sick frame so far, and I'm even more interested in trying it out since it's the 15" and my last one was the 18". Should be built up about the same as my old Titan was (marginally sucky parts of course...) Of course, now I just need to figure out my whole fork situation...

Build should be...
FSA Pig headset
FUNN Serial Killa stem
Kore handlebars
Hayes HMX1 rear brake
Shimano BB/XT Octalink cranks (bent, need to replace soon, but work for now)
E.13 SRS guide w/36t ring
Azonic Fusion pedals
Shimano XT hub/GREEN d-wide rim (hella p-i-m-p) ;) rear wheel
Atomlab Trailpimp/Atomlab hub front wheel
Maxxis 2.35 SemiSlick HighRollers (or old 2.7 Mobster because I'm too lazy to remove my high roller from my QR wheel)
Deore derailleur (I think it's bent too, so maybe Christmas...)
LX rear shifter
SoulCycles seatpost/SDG saddle
Oh and for fork uh...tentative plan is to get some lowers from a friend for my Psylo, but I think next season I'll be buying a DJ or something.

This has definitely got to be one...flamboyant pair of colors with the frame and wheel.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey Tony...

what happen w/ur 18 SC ? u cracked or something...
and no doudt SC have a great warranty.. all it took for me was to send a mail with some pics. and a week later a brand new frame.. PROPS for soul cycles... to bad that frame is no DC or DH-3 friendly ;)

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I cased jumps one too many times on the 18" frame. The top tube cracked about an inch in front of the cable fittings (like almost completely around the tube) and then the downtube crumpled a bit. They definitely have great service, I sent them an email explaining what happened with some pictures and asked if it was even under warranty and low and behold I have a new frame. :)

·
noMAD man
12,206 Posts
Excuse me...ack...brrrp...the colors...are swirling in my head...I'm getting dizzy...I think I'm gonna be ill. :D I don't know Tony...that's a pretty cool looking frame, but somehow chocolate brown and Kawasaki chartreuse just don't do it for me. :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
they sent you dirt too...

Ummmm, I'm with TNC on the colors. So, hot babes will see you riding this bike and swoon because:

a) they feel sorry for you
b) they are nauseous from the brown and green combination
or
c) you have just run over them

Yeah.

;)
-sunny
(jk - you know I'm just jealous because you have a new bike and I don't... yet)

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol. I'm definitely not sure what to think of the color combination.... of course I'm way too cheap to go buy a new wheel just because it looks weird. Who knows... :p

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
looks like a nice hardtail..have fun with it..i know i do with mine.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
nice looking frame man, how much is that frame brand new

·
Stand back
4,211 Posts
Come on

You can destroy a frame AND fork, but can't kill a rhyno? You need to ride more street... ;)
Forget the psylo - you should pick up a pike - I think it's the best all around fork out right now.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,986 Posts
TNC said:
Excuse me...ack...brrrp...the colors...are swirling in my head...I'm getting dizzy...I think I'm gonna be ill. :D I don't know Tony...that's a pretty cool looking frame, but somehow chocolate brown and Kawasaki chartreuse just don't do it for me. :D
i vomited those colors tonight...man that is awesome Tony...good choice of colors...just remeber every time you look at your bike you will think of a drunken pirates puke...think about it

·
Pro Crastinator
11,542 Posts
you broke one of those too? seems like they snap if you yell at them hard enough, they need to go back to the drawing board. they jumped the gun naming it "titan".......

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
dbabuser said:
You can destroy a frame AND fork, but can't kill a rhyno? You need to ride more street... ;)
Forget the psylo - you should pick up a pike - I think it's the best all around fork out right now.
Hey man...
Is that u or ur team...!
That pic. is AWESOME .

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EastCoastHucker said:
Hey man...
Is that u or ur team...!
That pic. is AWESOME .
Lol, that's snowskilz.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MikeyOrange said:
seems like UPS should have delivered it...

sweet looking frame. i'm digging the brown... gold should go nicely too
Ironically the psylo lowers my friend is giving me are gold. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts