Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mtb Extraordinaire
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here in SB for 3 months on vacation and I'm looking for lots and lots of trails to ride.

I rode Buckhorn Trail, Romero Canyon, and Little Pine about 10 years ago when I was visiting.

What am I missing ? I'm looking to put together anything from 1-5 hrs.

Are there any other riders in town who want to hook up for a ride ?

About me - former Semi Pro XC racer...now just a 'kinda fast' 38 yr old dad.

·
The Road Warrior
622 Posts
A 3 month vacation in Santa Barbara? That's a long time. Make sure to stop by Oprah's house and throw some oranges in her swimming pool.

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,366 Posts
Check out the Wednesday night and Friday night rides that leave from Hazard's at 6. The Wednesday ride is faster paced (if you raced semi-pro, you'll be able to hang) and you will learn a lot about the hidden (legal) trails on the SB frontside. Lights are necessary until probably mid-April or so.

·
Mtb Extraordinaire
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I did get out and hit Jesusita Trail twice ...... excellent start for sure. Looks like there should be alot of connetor trails from the top of Jesusita ?

I did do Santa Cruz Trail (Little Pine) a long time ago. The decent was nice but definitely not worth the 11 miles of fire road to get to it.

Thanks for the info on Hazards. I know 2 of the guys there from my stay a few years ago. See if I can jump in tomorrow and get some riding in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts