Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you Santa Barbara riders I suggest you read this and sign the petition so the trails remain open for MTBers. I talked to one of the rangers this weekend and from what he said if bikers dont start getting involved and speaking their mind then the trails will be closed to us sooner than later.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/382471548?ltl=1169433763

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very true. The petition needs 10,000 signatures by March and we are a far cry from that number. The thing thats going to play a big role in saving the trails for MTBers is going to be taking part in the council meetings. Most of the people against us are old retired folks with nothing better to do so they will surely be at every meeting like its the event of the year for them. The ranger I talked to actually seemed pretty concerned about us losing rights to the trails and all of these things I just wrote to you guys came directly from him.
Its good to see everybody getting involved.. just singing the thing is at least a start.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Have you heard of safetrails.net?

Infamous to MTB'ers in Santa Barbara

safetrails.net is registered to

Jim Childress
1100 Veronica Springs Rd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93105-4534
US

On the faculty of UCSB LINK, his picture on the page is of him in a race car, ironic for a man who rants against speed for mountain bikes. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
pacman said:
Infamous to MTB'ers in Santa Barbara

safetrails.net is registered to

Jim Childress
1100 Veronica Springs Rd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93105-4534
US

On the faculty of UCSB LINK, his picture on the page is of him in a race car, ironic for a man who rants against speed for mountain bikes. :D
what a frail loser. that website is so deluded and twisted. Hitler would be Proud.

thanks for the link. and please, all you riders who send him scathing emails: please don't look like an idiot and spell 'website' like 'websight', stuff like that. spellcheck. :)

(of course he may have intentionally created the incorrect spellings...)

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
misctwo said:
what a frail loser. that website is so deluded and twisted. Hitler would be Proud.

thanks for the link. and please, all you riders who send him scathing emails: please don't look like an idiot and spell 'website' like 'websight', stuff like that. spellcheck. :)

(of course he may have intentionally created the incorrect spellings...)
Don't send him anything. Just refer to him at the meetings as the "famous race car driver". :D

·
Don't skid
1,160 Posts
Sigining the petition is nice but that alone isn't going to save our trails.

Be sure to ride reponsibly on our trials here. Ya I know it sucks but this means yielding to hikers especially if you are bombing DH, lets face it that's what the problem is. And be friendly to other trail users even if they are not nice to you, that can go a long way to ease the situation. And show up for the city counsel meetings. Anyone know when the next one is?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.