Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to Santa Barbara over 4th of July and was looking for trail advice or for someone to ride with. I prefer Cross Country type rides at an intermediate level. I am hoping to find a place to ride fairly early Friday morning...maybe 10-15 miles.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Today is your lucky day my brother,I haven't been on this site for years.
Anyway I ride this area all the time but I haven't been riding here because two of the best trails have been damaged by recent fires. Romero Canyon & Jesesita trails both are in poor condition. You could still ride Romero and have great views& a great workout. Velo Pro on State St. can direct you too possible rides.As far as Remero it was bulldozed,and I mean real bad.The trail down the middle is the best thing about the ride,it is the singletrack down the middle which didn't get dozed. Should be a great weekend to ride,have a great ride and keep the rubber side down.

·
Professional Troll
2,716 Posts
ADDICT said:
Anyway I ride this area all the time but I haven't been riding here because two of the best trails have been damaged by recent fires. Romero Canyon & Jesesita trails both are in poor condition. You could still ride Romero and have great views& a great workout. Velo Pro on State St. can direct you too possible rides.As far as Remero it was bulldozed,and I mean real bad.The trail down the middle is the best thing about the ride,it is the singletrack down the middle which didn't get dozed. Should be a great weekend to ride,have a great ride and keep the rubber side down.
wait, "Romero got bulldozed" but "the single track didn't get dozed". What got dozed then....? The fireroad? who cares about that?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ADDICT said:
Thanks for the Velo Pro suggestion. Maybe I will stop by when I get in Thursday afternoon.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I too am interested in what's rideable down there. I'll be in SB doing some volunteer work around July 15-17th and wanna hit up a ride. Looking for intermediate type trails, no crazy downhill stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts