Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So like the title says I’m just looking for a sanity check. So I recently built up a new Revel Ranger and had been using a favorite Wheelset of mine (3mm offset carbon rims with CK ISO hubs) that happened to be a 142 rear hub with a Boost spacer kit. I had been on the look out for a Navy ISO Boost was 6-Bolt for some time a finally ran across one at Colorado Cyclist. Log story short I’m going to rebuild the rear wheel and I pulled out all my info from the original build. Ive run the figures through two different calculators and it seems the spoke length difference in approx only 1mm longer on both the NDS and DS. CK ISO Center to NDS is 33.9mm ISO boost is 36.3mm and CK ISO Center to DS is 20.1mm while ISO boost is 24.0mm. Does the approx 1mm on each side seem right given the 6mm boost difference?

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Yes, it is obviously right. You can draw some triangles to convince yourself. You are talking about a hypotenuse 300mm long with a leg that is changing only 3mm.
This. Hub changes are surprisingly tolerant because of the geometry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.