Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
H8 H8 H8
864 Posts
Good time

rey said:
how was it? how cute were the podium girls, etc.....
It was well run, bigger attendance than I expected, and better course than
I expected. Laps were short, but there was enough variety to keep it
interesting. Everybody was friendly and laid back - low stress grass roots
feel. I recommend and will go back. Awards were presented by guys.
They were pretty cute, I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Homedude was killin it at Sanford. I was in second overall after 6 hours and he had one lap up on me. Alas, the call of free pizza and beer called out my name and I gave in to the Sirens. Any of ya'll going down to the 12 hours of Razorback in Feb? I'll be going with a couple friends. Zach, I was the dude on the black Surly racing for Happy Fun Racing in pink. Hopefully I'll catch up with some of you guys at the Icycle...Travis

·
H8 H8 H8
864 Posts
T

sherpaxc said:
Homedude was killin it at Sanford. I was in second overall after 6 hours and he had one lap up on me. Alas, the call of free pizza and beer called out my name and I gave in to the Sirens. Any of ya'll going down to the 12 hours of Razorback in Feb? I'll be going with a couple friends. Zach, I was the dude on the black Surly racing for Happy Fun Racing in pink. Hopefully I'll catch up with some of you guys at the Icycle...Travis
Yeah I remember you, T. Sorry about the cramping thing... If you'd a been hurt for real
I would have stopped :D . Nice talking with you out there, and I'll see you at the Icycle.

I did Razorback two years ago and had a pretty good time. It was a really fun course,
but they put a LOT of people on it. Just go ahead and plan on walking the first two or
three miles unless you're a very good runner. After the second lap when it spaces out it's
a blast.

I was poking around out there grinding up a kind of gradual uphill.... it was right around
dark. I hear "coming up" so I ease over and clear a line left. Chris Eatough comes by in
42:11 doing like 25 mph or some sh*t. It was cool. Tinker passed me 15 or 16 times
and always was cool about it. Good times.

ZB

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was in that one too, laboring in the trenches. Etough was riding with the regional trek team and was crazy fast.

After dark I tried to use my face as a shovel and subsequently received a trail-side dental exam via headlamp from a brave soul, who peered into my pie hole filled with blood and dirt and counted my chicklets to make sure they were all there.

That first beer kinda stung -- I guess i should have started drinking before the numbness wore off. Live and learn :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.