Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Paul E and Conrad i have finished off building my sandman gobi

- well technically i finished it off a couple weeks ago but you cant do the "show off " thread till youve thrashed it a bit now can you - what if it turned out crap?

sun ringle 165mm x 12 with a custom home made bolt up axle into the 165 x 10 drop outs

very impressed with it , its like my half fat ragley TD-1 i built before xmas except without all the drag of having a pishy 26x2.5 DH tire out back.

sandman gobi frame and forks
arctic cycles 100mm rims (overkill for me when its not snowing and might have to build up some goldtecs on flattops or similar for summer)
raceface taperlock BB
turbine cranks
deus seat pin
thomson stem
bb7 brakes
xt front (rear) hub
brooks b17
34/22 gearing currently running a magic ratio with a well worn chain - now have a tensioner but not fitting it till i get a new chain. - contemplating 1x9 though or machining up some axle spacers to fit an alfine.

weighs 37lbs - most of its in the wheels at 12lbs !

those i have ridden with have been silly impressed at the fact it doesnt really hold me back even on road - at 30psi it rolls really well ! and then when it comes to mud it jsut floats - waiting for our snow to come back to show them how its really done !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.