Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read alot on this forum about how China Camp drains really well after a storm. Here's some proof. These are pictures taken yesterday of China Camp draining down my street (and through my garage and yard.) :rolleyes:

Photo 1: China camp draining down my street, 3 or 4 hours after the crest.
Photo 2: We got Gene Simmons to help sand bag the driveway. Here he is after 3 hours of shovelling silt out of the driveway into garbage bags. :cool:

I rode China Camp several times last week and it was already well saturated before this storm began, and it's not over yet. Sounds like Fairfax and Lucas Valley got hit even harder - mudslides took out some cars and a house or two.

-slide

Attachments

·
NedwannaB
12,784 Posts
Hope damage is minimal

slide mon said:
I've read alot on this forum about how China Camp drains really well after a storm. Here's some proof. These are pictures taken yesterday of China Camp draining down my street (and through my garage and yard.) :rolleyes:
-slide
Looks like maybe Mtn. View or Convent Ct. area maybe? Possible re-test of your sandbagging to come later today? Best of luck.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Dang!

I have a friend who lives down there on Mabry St, and when she moved it, they told her it was a 100 year flood plane. I guess this is the 100 year mark.

Crazy, and another major storm is moving in tonight.

Good luck and I hope damage is minimal.

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Good luck.

We have had some funny drainage in the East Bay Hills. Damage has come from places where drains clog and back-up. Be vigilant.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Wow..

[Hope the damage is minimal. That pic makes me wonder what tamerancho looks like...

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, thanks for the well wishes. I needed some incentive to clean out the garage anyway, and the mud flow is actually an improvement over the rock garden in the front yard :)

I drove up to Miwok Meadows and Back Ranch Meadows (China Camp) this afternoon. They were both flooded and this was well after high tide. Some of the access points to China Camp looked kinda hard hit, drainages overflowing roads, lots of debri, minor washouts, etc. The parking lots in the park were closed and trailheads masked off with yellow caution tape. I'm planning on hiking out there in a day or two and seeing how the trails held up.

-slide

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Sorry to hear about that

Lucas Valley got socked! A bit up the street is what you saw on the front of Sunday's Marin IJ. Mud just was everywhere in Upper Lucas Valley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts