Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My son is going to spend next week with his grandparents up in Salida. Generally we meet my folks at the halfway point (Antonito) for the kiddie hand-off. Since I'll be in the area anyhow, I figured I might as well bring my bike and get a ride in somewhere. The San Juans are just a bit west so that seems the most logical choice. I was passing thru the same area this past weekend and there was still a lot snow on the higher slopes so I might be jumping the gun a bit.

I've heard tell of Stefan (or maybe it was Maka) leading a ride somewhere up there last year. Or maybe that was around Chama. Anyhow, if anybody is familiar with the area I would appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks.

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
still little patches of Snow ?.Check out Gunnison,or out of Creede between Lake city is the Lost trail {head waters to the rio grande,you know what i mean fishy fishy},west of Antonito there ara a few rides above and along the Conejos river.you can call me if you want more ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.