Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Custom User Title
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting San Jose for a week, followed by a week in Emeryville for work, mid-January. I would love to arrange a bike rental & maybe guide and get in a good XC ride while there. I generally get in a ride where and when I can and for a rider from the north east, it would be an adventure.

So first of all, which city would be a better base for a ride and secondly does anyone know of a bike shop or agency that does mountain bike day or weekend tours?

thanks for any info and/or direction.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
SOUTH BAY... San Jose is half an hour from Demo forest or Santa Cruz in general. Tons of riding...in all shape form and distance.

Emeryville is cool too, but there are limited amount of single track within half hour drive. JMP is prob. the first trail that I can think of.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
San Jose by a land slide lile Loll says. If you have a car or not it is the best choice. Since it is well served by public transportation and lots of highways, much more so than Emeryville.

Byt it has access to the best riding in the Bay Area. You can drive up 280 to ride Skeggs or drive over 17 and hit Demo or a certain school.

Check out Passion Trail Bikes for a rental and close by riding at Waterdog.

·
Custom User Title
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another quick question.... the Wilder Ranch would be the area also known as the Santa Cruz trails?

Would this be the recommended trail system to see if I can only get out for a single ride or two? I realize that opinion will probably vary but...

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Wilder has some good trails. Other recommendations for a nice all day ride are Soquel Demonstration Forest in the SC Mountains, El Corte de Maders "Skeggs" near Woodside, or the best would be to get a local to show you the Wilder area plus all the local goods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My friend and I are going to be in the area tomorrow and were wondering what trails you local guys would recommend. We were thinking of doing demo forest but since we have a xc bike and a downhill bike we weren't sure if it would be doable on the DH bike. Hopefully the trails will be dry too

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. It was a beautiful ride but way too much climbing for me right now. that climb up was brutal on the big bike. Braille was a blast but the climb back out killed it for me. Props to all of you guys that ride all those trails

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.