Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i'll be in town staying in the city first weekend of april and was looking for both a rental outfit and some single track close by, within 30 minutes drive.
any ideas? thanks

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,453 Posts
There used to be a "if you visit the area" post with details on rentals and places to ride, but I am not sure where that thread is.

For higher end bikes, Roaring Mouse and Big Swinging Cycles both have good bikes. Basically, you are renting a demo bike and will pay some $70 a day for it.

For a cheaper ride, one of the Blazing Saddles locations has Ok MTBs (most sites rent hybrids for the masses, but one site has true MTBs and road bikes). I think it is the Columbus Ave site with the Ok bikes.

Another option would be to go to Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont to rent a bike and ride from their shop to Waterdog. You could do this car free by using CalTrain to get there.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Tamarancho is the best bet if you want to rent/demo and ride from the shop. Check out the Fairfax bike shops for what you'd like to ride

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks. I think I will try to ride that Friday morning before lunch. if anyone is available, please join me. I will look up the places and shops this week and let you know what I decide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts