Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of times a week I skip lunch at work and go for a spin on my XC bike. Usually mid week at around 1 PM. I work nearby and have an hour for lunch that I like to spend on the trails. Anyway, if there's anybody nearby who is in a similar situation and wants to go for a quick ride, hit me up. I've really started to enjoy it, especially on busy/stressful days. Nothing takes the edge off like cruising through the woods :cool:

·
Ultraglide In Black
112 Posts
I work in Progress Park, a few hundred yards from the trailhead. During the week, I regularly get out there every Tuesday and Thursday after 4 with a small group, and we'll ride as much as we can until it gets dark.

I'd be down for lunchtime rides. Just give me a day's notice so's I can bring my gear.

·
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'd prefer to ride AFTER work but I work 9-6, which this time of year doesn't leave any daylight time. I've used lights in the past but I night ride so much this time of year that it actually becomes a novelty to ride in the daylight, ha! Maybe I can split early one week and ride with you guys... a Tuesday group ride would be pretty cool. I'll definitely let you know next time I'm going to have a lunchtime spin.

Anybody else wanna ride with us?

·
UF Engineering Slave
370 Posts
I'm trying to land an internship with RTI in progress park, but haven't gotten a response from them. If I manage to get the position, I'll be out there with you guys :D

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,218 Posts
Brooks, I work at RTI doing what you are applying for. When I get back I can put in a good word for you. There are two spots open so hopefully you can get one, it's a pretty good deal.

I would ride at lunch, but that whole sweating thing.... before the time change me and a few other guys from RTI did 5 till dark rides. But lately I've been heading out there alone around 4.

·
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been riding on cooler days and honestly not riding hard enough to where I sweat much if at all. Once time changes again I'll definitely be riding after work instead. I wish there were a shower at work to rinse off. That would be ideal!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts