Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
that guy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming to visit family in late March and thinking about bringing my Stumpy. Can anyone point me towards a couple of good rides that might give a trail bike a good workout? I prefer a bit more technical riding but XC is fine too. Maybe 15-25 miles or so.

Thanks!

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you start from the backside fire road of cowels Mt, then ride down the big rock park trail you can head west from big rock park and connect it to mission trails. This is my ususal ride and It turns out to be 15-30 miles depending on how far I want to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, check out mountainbikebill.com. I second that. I lived in SD for years. I hope my favorite rides still exsist. They are dissapearing at a rapid rate. Depending on where you are: Del Mar Mesa is a good ride right in town. Sycamore Canyon is a good ride right out of town (Santee). For a day trip head out to Noble Canyon. Mission trails is an easy option but for a first timer, route selection might be an issue. It would be easy to send your whole ride up and down fire roads if you don't know the good stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.