Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're going to be in the San Diego area and want to ride/race on a fun trail, hit me up.

We're calling it the SRU. Split Rock Underground.

Sign ups Sunday 7am-9am. Start time 10am Mexican time. Pizza Party for all racers at 1pm. $10 Entry. One class, Open. Winner takes half the pot!

Email me at: [email protected] for more info. :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah... TWP is the spot. We're meeting in the culdesac at the bottom.

It's Split Rock but I had the beginning go towards Off Chamber then connect to Split Rock right before, uh the split rock. super fun and super flowy. Good times.

Hope to see you there.

mv :eek:

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
FFAT said:
yeah... TWP is the spot. We're meeting in the culdesac at the bottom.

It's Split Rock but I had the beginning go towards Off Chamber then connect to Split Rock right before, uh the split rock. super fun and super flowy. Good times.

Hope to see you there.

mv :eek:
D000000000000000D! The bottom of Off Camber is the sweetest, most ass-hauling berm section of that whole hill! I'm curious to see the course thouh, sounds like you removed the uphill rock garden section at the beginning of split rock, hahaha.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to get out there tomorrow and put together a 2 minute clip of the course. I just got a helmet cam and I'm itchin' to use it!

But the course includes the beginning of Off Chamber and then connects to Split Rock.

We'll be out there Saturday and Sunday... come out and ride with us! Good times :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jake gallows said:
Will there be chicks?
I think Stephanie will be there and maybe a couple other girls. Yeah, there's some people that are going to 'race' but most will be there to ride and hang out with other riders. Good times are at hand... come join us!

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
FFAT said:
I'm going to get out there tomorrow and put together a 2 minute clip of the course. I just got a helmet cam and I'm itchin' to use it!

But the course includes the beginning of Off Chamber and then connects to Split Rock.

We'll be out there Saturday and Sunday... come out and ride with us! Good times :)
Where's that video at???

·
Registered
643 Posts
i was actually at T-Dub (ted williams) today riding around on my hardtail which i regretted. But in any case i eard about the race and unfortunately i wont be able to make it although im itchin to race. Its a dman shame i have to work that morning.

On a side note, how do u set up a race and get a lot of riders to show up. Cause right by my house is that water tower mountain with a couple of crazy lines goin down and it would make for an intense race. the only problem is that u cant shuttle it because there arent any roads leading to the top except a steap ass fire road which i dont know if its in service or not. But in any case, id really like to get a race set up there sometime.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You are having a race on a run that might be a minute to minute and a half long? Mix it up a little. Ted Williams has alot more to offer. Just wish that I could be there. If I didn't have a broken foot I would come out to SD and school all of you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Organizing a Race: Start off with a few friends and go from there. When you get to the point where you want other people to join in, things get tricky. Email me at [email protected] and I'll fill you in.

Directions to the Race this Sunday: Please email me at [email protected] and we'll go from there. I really don't want to post directions to someone's sacred place on a message board. What's the difference between posting and emailing? Nothing really, just don't want to make it too easy to exploit TWP. It really is a holy land to some riders. Coma13 thanks for understanding.

Video: It'll be uploaded tonight. Alf has the day off today so we'll get at it today.

One last note: BRING YOUR OWN NUMBER PLATE! If you don't have one... make one. The most creative one will recieve a free No Friends tshirt.

[email protected]

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
That was interesting. Who won? I had to bail as soon as all the racers ran.

There were some GNARLY crashes in one section.

I didn't race but the good thing about Ted Williams is that we rode the whole day anyway without being on the race course.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.