Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI:
I'm going to be in San Diego (Del Mar) for a training class in a couple of weeks and am looking for some advice on where to ride.
I need to find a place that's fairly quick and easy to get to since I'll be limited to the time after the class.
I've found some info. on Mission Trails, but I was wondering about the Torrey Pines area (close to where I'll be) and any other trails near by.
Also, any recommendations on LBSs to rent a bike from would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
If you have to ask...
717 Posts
Torrey Pines is off-limits, but

Peñasquitos Canyon and the Mesa on its north side are close, and there is (still, for the moment) good riding there.

As far as rentals go, that seems to crop up frequently, but I'm not sure where to send you. Try Bike 101 in Solana Beach or the Bicycle Whorehouse on Santa Fe St in San Diego.

miles

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You could try...

Leucadia Cyclery. I think he has a LG or Med Palomino to rent.
http://www.leucadiabikes.com/index.php

miles said:
Pe?uitos Canyon and the Mesa on its north side are close, and there is (still, for the moment) good riding there.

As far as rentals go, that seems to crop up frequently, but I'm not sure where to send you. Try Bike 101 in Solana Beach or the Bicycle Whorehouse on Santa Fe St in San Diego.

miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.