Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to San Diego (University City) from San Francisco and have been off my bike for a few months. I would like to ask if there is anyone in the area who could show me some of the trails. Would like to start off nearer home to have somewhere that's easy and quick to get to. Need to build up my fitness a bit. When I moved to the Bay Area from the East coast I joined a few Meetup groups but can't seem to find any around here. Any help would be appreciated.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have been riding that area for 30 years. PM me your contact info and will contact you if I am doing a ride.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think living in University City area, you are between two riding areas....

The Tecolote Canyon area... https://www.trailforks.com/region/tecolote-canyon/

And PQ: https://www.trailforks.com/region/los-penasquitos-canyon/

I think PQ is maybe a good place to build up some fitness - there are a lot of fire roads, and you can't get TOO lost in there, and plenty of easy parking and trail access. I've only ridden Tecolote area once, so I'll let other comment on it. My recollection is kinda fuzzy. I remember some fire roads, some single track and having fun, but that's about it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Try riding right from your residence. Go south to Rose canyon, take Rose to San Clemente canyon, you'll find that a good starting point. I think you will put in 10-12 miles on that out and back to your door. Then there's the tri-canyon ride, like I think has been mentioned above. And you can also ride from your door to Los Penasquitos open space, which can take you up to Del Mar Mesa and the Tunnel trail. You got options, mate, options that won't require you to drive a mile!

Also, check out NOTB bike shop,. down in Sorrento valley. Mike and Doug are great, and they know all the rides around there, too. They are a great LBS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.