Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont remember which town this track was in, it was named Los Palmas (sp?) and had a long downhill start and had double berm at the end. Anyone remember ??? I have footage of Rancho San Diego and Claremont tracks as well as Los Palmos that I hope to soon get to comp. Heres a pic of Los Palmos looking west.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That a Schwinn? looks to have an extra tube there in the frame? I had a Schwinn Tornado in the 70s. Good times.

I'm not familiar with the track in SD. I raced BMX at the Orange Y track throughout the 80s.

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
cascaderider9 said:
I have footage of Rancho San Diego and Claremont tracks.
I'm working at Cuyamaca College right now. It's right next to the old Rancho San Diego Track. I would like to see some pictures of that. I have been trying to remember exactly where it was on this hillside but it was too long ago and there's been lots of construction here.

I think the Kearny Mesa track is still open eh?

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
You know it meals, it's almost 4 miles from my house to my job :D

I haven't had a chance yet to ride the commute or ride behind the campus. It appears on the aerial photos that there's still quite a few trails back there.

Now, back to the bmx tracks. I remember it was a good downhill track in Rancho. Much more fun than other flatish ones like Lakeside.

·
Those who skibike, know..
327 Posts
Why not grab a shovel and rebuild behind CC? I live within riding distance, I'm in.

·
I <3 Dirt
724 Posts
Duzitall said:

I haven't had a chance yet to ride the commute or ride behind the campus. It appears on the aerial photos that there's still quite a few trails back there.

Now, back to the bmx tracks. I remember it was a good downhill track in Rancho. Much more fun than other flatish ones like Lakeside.
I rode back there a couple weeks ago and there is still some singletrack although the big tanks interrupts the singletrack behind the school from the singletrack near the cross. It's a bummer. I'd love to see old pics of the bmx track.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Duzitall said:

I will post up as soon as I get it to the computer. I have quite a bit of Rancho footage along with sidehack racing.

·
Dented n' Spent
185 Posts
BLT Fan said:
I'm not familiar with the track in SD. I raced BMX at the Orange Y track throughout the 80s.
Hey, me too!... well, for a few years. The Irvine track as well. Ya got any pictures? I trip out on how that bikes really haven't changed much, but the tracks sure have. Remember that first jump you'd either bunnyhop or power-wheelie over - now that'd probably be a huge double!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.