Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I will be traveling to San Antonio for 2 weeks and really want to ride some of the trails. I have been looking online for bike shops that rent but I cannot find anyone that rents a trail bike. Looks like there are alot of great trails, but I need to find a bike. Even if someone had a loaner - size L. I am an experienced rider and would love to spend time on the trails.

If anyone knows of a shop, or someone that had an extra trail bike in the area, please hit me up.
Thanks.
Dan

·
Registered
440 Posts
Austin is only about an hour drive north and has some good trails available straight out of downtown. Bicycle Sport Shop on Lamar rents a good fleet of bikes and you can ride straight to the Greenbelt trails from the shop. They definitely have trail bikes that will work with the local terrain.

I believe you're also likely to get more elevation in Austin to work with too.

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
Unless you have a lot of spare time, Austin is a prettly long haul for someone on a short visit. One hour is laughable on I-35 traffic, but it should not take more than two to get from one city center to the other. I lived in San Antonio for six years and now Austin for another five.

SA definitely has enough trails to keep you busy. Bike World had mtb rentals but it looks like they don't anymore. Sorry, I don't have more. Post this in the Texas sub-forum.

McCallister Park is a good place to start. I have had some good times riding near Leon Creek and Salado Creek as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.