Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my trusty 21" Sampson Ti Frameset. This was the last one Eric made and he told me he made less than 500 of them during the 90's when he made MTB's. Does anyone know what I should ask for it? TIA

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
Probably around $350

Unless you can find someone in dire need of a Sampson frame I dont think you'll get much for it. There are tons of Ti framse out there and people tend to gravitate towards proven frames they've heard of.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shayne said:
There are tons of Ti framse out there and people tend to gravitate towards proven frames they've heard of.
This bike is killer so I always wondered why they didn't sell more of them. Sampson is well known for their high end road bikes and that is where their focus seems to be. I guess that's where the big $$$ is nowadays.

I think the Vail MTB's were most popular in the Denver area where Sampson's shop is located.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Wheelie said:
This bike is killer so I always wondered why they didn't sell more of them. Sampson is well known for their high end road bikes and that is where their focus seems to be. I guess that's where the big $$$ is nowadays.

I think the Vail MTB's were most popular in the Denver area where Sampson's shop is located.
If that's the case...try posting it on the Colorado Craigslist or try to offer it up to the roadie camp. They may be more interested in a 'rare' mountain frame made by their favorite road frame maker...
After that, MTBR classifieds....eBay is almost always the safest bet.

If someone here offered up a road bike made by C. Cunningham...the banks would be able to close for the day. :)

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.