Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently converted from a 26 SS to a 29 SS. Swapped what parts I could from the Bianchi Muss to the Vassago Jabby. Didn't think I would ever use the 26'r again. What to do, what to do, what to do with the frame and fork?

Well, I just couldn't depart with the old steel Muss and Fox Talas, so I thought I would convert it to a 1x9. I found a company, (DMR) that makes an axel tensioner with a derailler hanger. How simple is that. I took my un-ridden Giant Xtc, which had a few large dents in the downtube... thanks to a friend... and swapped the wheels, brakes and shifter over to the muss. Picked up a 34tooth chain ring for the front and a new Sram cassette for the back. Slapped it together and Waa Laa!

I thought I would share a few photos with ya'll if any of you are thinking of ditching your 26'r SS frame. You could do this to any ss frame with horizontal dropouts. I couldn't be happier with it and took it on it's maiden voyage today. Handled like a dream. Nice to have gears for a few climbs my fat ass can't make on a SS.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts