Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Sol Sessions came my way and I was invited to attend. So I did, and here are the ride pics. I heard nothing but great positive reviews from all riders and my short ride on the bike was very pleasing. Solid, predictable, and very well built. I would say the bike is on par with Specialized and Turner for quality of bits, and might exceed the Niner RIP9, its closest competitor in $$$. Great job Salsa!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics of the beautiful trails!

Oh, and the bike.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chequamegon trails are dry and gorgeous right now, come up for a ride!!!!

Attachments

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Thanks for the shots, Tim! Now I'm jealous! :D

You are right, the trails look great. I sure hope that they hit the Rock Lake trails. I remember those being the absolute best.

You got the color to show correctly on the Big Mama. I couldn't get a decent shot inside Q with the terrible lighting they had.

So, you think it's a winner? I sure liked it.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guitar Ted said:
Thanks for the shots, Tim! Now I'm jealous! :D

You are right, the trails look great. I sure hope that they hit the Rock Lake trails. I remember those being the absolute best.

You got the color to show correctly on the Big Mama. I couldn't get a decent shot inside Q with the terrible lighting they had.

So, you think it's a winner? I sure liked it.
Definately a winner. I am a dealer of 3 different brands selling 29er FS rigs right now, and I will pick this as the best in price vs. quality. I might even sell my FSR 29er to get one.

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
Did you ride the 26" and the 29"?

If the 26" has 69 HTA and made for a 140mm fork. Seems like it would be a much different use bike than the 29" at 4" and 100mm.

Wondering what your thoughts are on how they compare if you rode them both?

LP

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
chequamagon said:
Definately a winner. I am a dealer of 3 different brands selling 29er FS rigs right now, and I will pick this as the best in price vs. quality. I might even sell my FSR 29er to get one.
Yep, it's gonna' be worth the wait. They took their time and got the details right...

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lanpope said:

If the 26" has 69 HTA and made for a 140mm fork. Seems like it would be a much different use bike than the 29" at 4" and 100mm.

LP
I personally do not ride little wheels. So I didnt try it.

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
lanpope said:

LP
I'd be curious to ride that 26-inch bike with the shallow HT angle too... it'd be a good all day, big terrain bike, I suspect... for a little wheel bike, that is.

... but then I don't ride little wheels much anymore either. The only one I have built anymore is a commuter bike with fenders, and that's only because it was an existing ride. I'm practical... what can I say?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Somethings different???

I was surfing through and this cought my eye, great post!!!

I can't put my finger on it (it might be because I forgot my glasses) but the rear looks different on the Big Momma...

Another question (sorry if i missed it) but did they mention a best guess price for the Big Mama?

thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.