Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of a friend on Facebook posted this bike to see if it was worth fixing up for a commuter. Found in a rental property shed, and was due to go to the dump. Good save. Bullseye cranks. Is that a Salsa fork or ??

Attachments

·
Sergeant Spandex
669 Posts
Why is it that my tenants always leave old mattresses and boxes full of useless junk behind instead of quality retrobikes

·
artistic...
7,597 Posts
It deserves better than becoming a commuter..

·
gobsmacked
8,757 Posts
Why is it that my tenants always leave old mattresses and boxes full of useless junk behind instead of quality retrobikes
ha!

Yeah, that's a great commuter. There's a really old dude that rides his rockhopper with an accutrax fork to a coffee shop that's next to the post office near me. He resembles Father Time, actually. Anyhow, I wanted to swap him forks but hell, it's so awesome to see him moseying along, I hope he rides that bike forever.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
Bike is worthless. Send it to me and I will dispose of it properly. :D

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ha!

Yeah, that's a great commuter. There's a really old dude that rides his rockhopper with an accutrax fork to a coffee shop that's next to the post office near me. He resembles Father Time, actually. Anyhow, I wanted to swap him forks but hell, it's so awesome to see him moseying along, I hope he rides that bike forever.
The VRC forum needs a Vintage bikes of Your town, like the Human's of New York where you can post pictures of random vintage bikes you see around town. I see tons of running older steel bikes in the racks around Steamboat.

·
Phobia of petting zoos.
1,000 Posts
The VRC forum needs a Vintage bikes of Your town, like the Human's of New York where you can post pictures of random vintage bikes you see around town.
In my area it would be the bicycle equivalent of People of Walmart.

Back on topic - Bullseye cranks, what a shed find!

Grumps

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts