Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just finished up building my Salsa Selma 29er SS Bike.

Here are some pics of her:

Thanks for looking guys!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice

I need to get one of those. What kind of chain is that? Cool pictures

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sexxxy Selma!

Sweet Pictures, sweet ride! :thumbsup:

I have been lovin my Selma since last year....she is an excellent racehorse.

Hey where'd you get the blue anodized water bottle cages?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@CoffeeBean:

Thanks Bro! The water bottle cages are actually Specialized bottle cages. The cost me around $8 at my LBS. I also got Blue Giant Bottle Cages but the color of the Specialized matched the color scheme of the Selma better.

Hope this helps!

@Wolverine423:

Thanks bro!

·
Registered
146 Posts
aksdman said:
@CoffeeBean:

Thanks Bro! The water bottle cages are actually Specialized bottle cages. The cost me around $8 at my LBS. I also got Blue Giant Bottle Cages but the color of the Specialized matched the color scheme of the Selma better.

Hope this helps!

@Wolverine423:

Thanks bro!
@aksdman: It did help, I just ordered some new cages for my Selma...to match my new I9 Anodized Blue Wheels coming in a week...woohoo!:thumbsup:

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@CoffeeBean:

No problem bro! I9 Wheels = droolfest! Please show us pics of your Selma with her new wheels when they arrive bro!

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Looks fantastic!
One thing that always concerns me with the Selma though is tyre clearance...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very nice!

I absolutely love the graphics on that bike....and the colors are amazing as well.

I have to agree with other posts...the quality of the photos themselves are equally as impressive as the bike! I don't think my turd camera could replicate that!

·
Registered
964 Posts
frame weight

Just to let you guys know, the frame weights are of Salsa Selma frame appear to be slight underestimates. I received mine yesterday and she tipped the scales at 4lbs. 2oz. That's for the 18inch frame. Those claimed weights must be without the seapost binder and Bushnell EBB insert. Still hope to build her up below 20lbs. Just thought you may like to know.

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
erichwic said:
Just to let you guys know, the frame weights are of Salsa Selma frame appear to be slight underestimates. I received mine yesterday and she tipped the scales at 4lbs. 2oz. That's for the 18inch frame. Those claimed weights must be without the seapost binder and Bushnell EBB insert. Still hope to build her up below 20lbs. Just thought you may like to know.
What's your parts build going to be?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Build

Frame: Salsa Selma 18"
Fork: Origin 8 Carbon
Crankset: Truvativ Noir 1.1 SS
Wheels: Stans Arch 29er/WTB Laser Disc Lite Hubs
Saddle: Specialized Phenom Ti
Brakes: Shimano XTR
Levers: Shimano XTR
Bars: Easton EC90 SL
Stem: Thomson X4
Tires: Maxxis Ignitor
Pedals: Eggbeaters SL
Headset: Chris King

Build will be light and strong. Can't wait for the build to begin. Cranks and fork will be here soon enough and it'll be all set. :mad:

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
erichwic said:
Frame: Salsa Selma 18"
Fork: Origin 8 Carbon
Crankset: Truvativ Noir 1.1 SS
Wheels: Stans Arch 29er/WTB Laser Disc Lite Hubs
Saddle: Specialized Phenom Ti
Brakes: Shimano XTR
Levers: Shimano XTR
Bars: Easton EC90 SL
Stem: Thomson X4
Tires: Maxxis Ignitor
Pedals: Eggbeaters SL
Headset: Chris King

Build will be light and strong. Can't wait for the build to begin. Cranks and fork will be here soon enough and it'll be all set. :mad:
That's going to be sweet. Post up some pictures when you have it built. I'm going to be ordering up my frame tomorrow and can't wait to get started on my own build.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Hud:

Yup, the tire clearance is really small. I've ridden her through trails that have slight dirt and a bit of mud and so far, no problems have come up. I'm sure that it will be a different ride though once our rainy season kicks in!

@Berrywise:

Thanks bro!

@Steadygrind:

Thaks for the compliments bro! I've gotten some compliments on the design and color of the frame. Salsa really did great work - IMO - on this particular frame.

@Erichwic:

Wow! Great choice on the parts! Can't wait to see her built up. Good luck on the build bro!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have a question for you guys. I'm in the process of my build and will be ordering my fork next....here's a question. Does anyone think that the Atomic Blue Niner fork would match the paint scheme on the Selma? Let me know your thoughts.

·
808+909 = Party Good Time
2,072 Posts
Firstly the Selma is a sweet looking machine... nice work Salsa.

@ericwic

It looks like a close match but hard to tell on the internet. I personally have a 'if it's not exactly the same shade of colour it's going to look odd' rule and thus generally get neutral colours in my forks. But if it works for you, go for it...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts