Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
rockyuphill said:
Gusset makes a lighter collar than the Salsa or IRD in 30mm, and Woodman makes the Deathgrip in 29.8mm, and Thomson does a clamp in 30mm.
I was never able to find the Gusset one in black and I gave up (hate white stuff). Wasn't sure if the Woodman would be too tight, and the Thomson was just a fantasy back then.

Based on the fact that my IRD 30mm is actually just a little big, I'm guessing the 29.8 would have been ok.

My current frame uses 30.6mm which seems even less common!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
@rockyuphill: Thomson's website officially reports 29.8 clamp size, not 30.0. I am on this because I am replacing a 30.0 black Salsa (nothing wrong with it, great clamp in much the same function and design, but I want a Thomson to go with the rest of the suite). If you read about it in the new products forum on MTBR, we've been foaming at the mouth for quite some time for it. I don't think .02 is a big difference, it may just be a bit more snug. I'll report back if it's indeed a problem.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't forget hope...but I am still looking as well.

Hope also has a 30.0 for their new 2010 lineup.

CHeck out this link to the 2009 Gusset catalog.
http://issuu.com/ison/docs/gussetbikes2009catalogue
I am also in the same situation...have a 30G 30.0 (generic from my Spot) and looking for something else.
Thomson seems slick but same weight. Hope is too flashy (for me!) and Salsa is a monster.
If you can find those gussets in black let me know. Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.