Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
old man riding!
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a flat bar instead of my riser and I thought the salsa looks like the ticket. I can't decide between the 11 or 17 degree bend. Can anyone help me out with some ride impresionson on either....thanks:thumbsup:

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Depends if you like funny bars or not...

I can usually sneak equipment on to my wife's bikes without her noticing...tires, grips, bars etc... not the case with the 11 degree salsa bars. she noticed in the parking lot and proceeded prompty told me to removed them after the ride.

i ride the 5 degree bars on two of my bikes and love them.

cheap, strong, light-ish.

·
2,822 Posts
I've got one on my air9 (based on suggestions from others here) and it's been a great bar. 11 degree, wide, what more can you ask for?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
The 11 degree Pro Moto is the bee's knees. I tried a Surly Torsion bar first, but 15 was too much sweep for me. And 5 degrees of sweep is not enough. It's kind of a Goldilocks thing.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
More is better?

Well, I have both the 11 and 17 degree bars. I really like sweep in my bars so my vote goes to the 17 degree bars, although some may find that it messes with their fit at that degree of bend.

As an example of my penchant for sweep, my favorite bars are my Midge bars and I'm getting some Titec H-bars as soon as they are available. :D :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the 17 degree moto ace. I just went on my first ride with it on Friday. You can see in the picture, the angle that I had them. They didn't stay that way. Too much pressure on the outsides of my palms. I'm gradually rotating them down. Is there any magic position on these? I definitely like the feel of the width. I'll keep messing with them, but in the meantime, here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Ozmosis: Well, everyone should experiment to see what's best for them, but my take is that the more sweep you are dealing with, the more you want to angle the swept portion downwards. Check out H-Bars or Mary bars as an example of what I mean. Most end up with the tips pointing down towards the rear axle or so of their bikes. But, as I said, each person is different, and there is no hard and fast rule to this.

·
Glorified Hybrid Owner
1,091 Posts
Ozmosis said:
I have the 17 degree moto ace. I just went on my first ride with it on Friday. You can see in the picture, the angle that I had them. They didn't stay that way. Too much pressure on the outsides of my palms. I'm gradually rotating them down. Is there any magic position on these? I definitely like the feel of the width. I'll keep messing with them, but in the meantime, here's a pic.
I didn't realize the 17deg Moto Ace's were available. Where did you get it?

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
I had my first ride yesterday on the alum 11 degree model. Initially I like them, but I need to get more saddle time on them. They may end up with some Ergos on the ends.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.