Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the time has come for a rigid steel fork that costs under $195.00. The niner fork looks cool but darn it seems like it would really raise the front end. Why is the A-C length so long on that fork? Is it based on an 100mm fork?
Does anyone have a Salsa cromoto? I wondered how this fork rides.

Actually, I am open to suggestions on other steel forks too that I might not be aware of in this price range. I don't want a karate monkey fork.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
You should probably tell us what frame you have, for the best input...

I just found out that the Niner fork is 490mm long to match the unsagged height of a Reba @ 80mm. Their trail figure is around 75mm with their frames, which sounds good.

If you have a different frame though, that might be a different story...

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
I have the Cromoto. I think it's a great fork. From what I understand it's made with the same True Temper OX fork blades a lot of custom builders use on their $200-$250 custom forks. I've used the KM, a Salsa, a Walt Works, and an IF rigid, and I would say that the Salsa is much closer in performance to the high end forks than the KM.

·
MONKEYMAN
791 Posts
Scott Quiring will make you a fork with any measurements you specify. In your price range too. I got one on my farmboy and it rocks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.