Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings MTBR community. I'd like to take a moment to announce Salsa's first annual 2-9 (Feb 9th) Ride & Smile ride.

What? A fun mountain bike ride - Not a race. This is not an official event. If you frequently talk about winning races, you probably won't have too much fun on this ride. You can also schedule a test ride on our new Mamasita 29er. I'll be bringing limited quantities of Mamasita bikes so if testing a Mamasita is important to you, please read the details below and act fast.

Where? Chino Hills.

When? Friday February 9th. We'll meet in the Carbon Canyon parking lot at 9:00AM on Friday, February 9th. We'll cruise in shortly after that and do a couple of loops. Our goal is to do 29 miles.

Why? Because it's fun and it's a lot warmer in Southern California than in Minnesota!

Who? Anyone that wants to ride. 26" wheels. No problem. Another brand 29er? No problem. Come on out. Meet some new friends and ride your bike.

Details: This ride is in support of one of our new dealers, Bannings Bikes. http://www.banningsbikes.com
We will have a Thursday night gathering/happy hour at the shop sponsored by Salsa followed by the ride on Friday. To schedule a Mamasita test ride, please contact Banning Ostrow at the shop. Banning is a former Minnesotan, a good guy, a Salsa rider, and a great cyclist.

If you've got questions, please contact the shop or ask questions here. I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks for your time.

Jason
Salsa Crew

·
Registered
225 Posts
What a great idea. Unfortunately I will be on the other side of the country. If we don't have too much snow on the ground here in Pa. on 2-9 I am going to steal your idea and see if I can get a couple of friends with 29ers together for a ride.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Salsa Cycles said:
I've got Saturday Open. I was planning on doing San Juan or even drive to do Noble Canyon.

Jason
San Juan has been a lot of fun on my Dos. Haven't taken it down to Noble. For that I don't mind climbing up on the 6" bike to descend that trail :thumbsup:

You should definitely be able to get a decent group together for San Juan on a Saturday, weather permitting! Let me know if you're riding either on the 10th. Hubby and I would love to join.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking San Juan

aword4you said:
San Juan has been a lot of fun on my Dos. Haven't taken it down to Noble. For that I don't mind climbing up on the 6" bike to descend that trail :thumbsup:

You should definitely be able to get a decent group together for San Juan on a Saturday, weather permitting! Let me know if you're riding either on the 10th. Hubby and I would love to join.
I'm thinking San Juan on Saturday AM, mainly because I've ridden it and feel I have less of a chance getting lost. I saw your post and pictures on one of your latest rides on SJ. Just as I remembered it. I rode it last year on my Dos. Had a blast...but I'll be honest, it worked me pretty good as I'm a flat lander. Still it was a good ride.

So, weather permitting, San Juan it is on Saturday AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jason

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
San Juan works me on a regular basis and it's my local trail! :)

You may want to also post this on the So Cal and/or 29er boards since they may see more action. At least for the Salsa ride on the 9th!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks and this should be fun

aword4you said:

You may want to also post this on the So Cal and/or 29er boards since they may see more action. At least for the Salsa ride on the 9th!
One note, as a mfg I can't post on the 29er board since this is a marketing type thing. I don't know the So Cal folks so I just posted here and figured someone else might cross post it or something.

Jason

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
San Juan Saturday 9:00AM - Feb 10th

aword4you said:

We'll be meeting up in the parking lot and heading up after a few parking lot tests and discussions. We are meeting at 9:00 and should roll out not too long afterwards.

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.