Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am starting my first build from scratch and after reading and searching I am finally admitting defeat. I have a 2017(?) fargo ti. It is boost and has the alternator dropout. I'm shopping around for components and have a selection of stuff that is a great deal but I want to make sure it will work before I pull the trigger.

XTR Di2 rear derailleur
XTR 11-40 11 speed cassette
R785 Di2 shifters
(those three a take-off from a new bike)
XTR Di2 FD-M9070 front derailleur

Main questions are there any obvious red flags here, and will I be able to find a compatible crank set and bottom bracket to run 2x11 XTR on this frame. Thanks for the help!! And I appreciate the education I've already gotten here from the big fargo thread.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Hi I am starting my first build from scratch and after reading and searching I am finally admitting defeat. I have a 2017(?) fargo ti. It is boost and has the alternator dropout. I'm shopping around for components and have a selection of stuff that is a great deal but I want to make sure it will work before I pull the trigger.

XTR Di2 rear derailleur
XTR 11-40 11 speed cassette
R785 Di2 shifters
(those three a take-off from a new bike)
XTR Di2 FD-M9070 front derailleur

Main questions are there any obvious red flags here, and will I be able to find a compatible crank set and bottom bracket to run 2x11 XTR on this frame. Thanks for the help!! And I appreciate the education I've already gotten here from the big fargo thread.
The big Fargo thread is probably your place. To me lack of parts simplicity might be the red flag but I don't know how you will use the bike. Our Fargo is everything mechanical, easy to repair and easy to replace. My lighter more exotic ti is a gravel type (Routt 45). I don't ever (any more) get the top model X0, XTR, Dura-Ace etc.... because then break as easy as anything. Doing the Fargo again or if it gets there such as mid-life rebuild I would consider hydro brakes but still probably not electronic shifting. Again, that's from how we use it.

After the big Fargo thread, you have the years of Salsa models archives to look at specs and know items obviously compatible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.