Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im purchasing a Fargo Ti frame and i know the frame is suspension for 80 mm forks and that the Niner carbon forks are corrected for 100 mm and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this or something similar as well as to how how it would change the handling. The reason I'm looking at the carbon fork is for both looks and weight. Thank you for any help and/or information y'all can provide.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have no pics here, as I'm using my girlfriends PC - you can find a pic or two of mine in the Fargo thread though...... Have just changed some things from those pic though, and there are a couple of changes to be made this coming week, but here's what it'll be.....

Large Ti Fargo frame
Fox F29-80 RLC (and Fargo fork, depending on the ride)
XO Rear mech and twist shifters
BB7s w/ XTR levers
Ragley Carnegie bar (was Woodchipper)
King hubs, headset and bb, all pewter
Stans ZTR Flow rims
XTR Dyna sys triple crankset
Thomson stem
Thudbuster ST post
Maxxis Ardent 2.225s
WTB Silverado saddle

Revelate frame bag, viscacha, harness, gas tank with pocket and feed bag.

Epic. Love this bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did either of you guys ever get a Niner fork for the Fargo Ti? Rake is same as stock at 45mm and only a 2mm difference in AC length at 470mm so it should leave the geometry intact.

I am working on a gravel grinder build for my father for the Almanzo 100 and am going to have him run the Niner fork instead of the stock steel for these types of rides. Just curious if you guys took the jump...

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
We built an El Mariachi last week with a new Whisky Parts Co. CF fork on it - dull matte-finish is understated and looks pretty nice with the blue. Has a nice ride to it as well, and is an option to the (nice looking as well, IMO) Niner fork for a bike like this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moondust fork

We built an El Mariachi last week with a new Whisky Parts Co. CF fork on it - dull matte-finish is understated and looks pretty nice with the blue. Has a nice ride to it as well, and is an option to the (nice looking as well, IMO) Niner fork for a bike like this.

i thought Whisky Parts Co CF was only tapered and EL Mariachi has a 44 mm Headtube but the main reason i was going with the Niner Fork in Moondust was that it matches the color of the Fargo Ti. I havent bought the fork yet but i plan on buying it im still building the bike up.

·
American Made!
321 Posts
Here is my Ti Fargo with a Niner carbon fork.

Have not noticed a bit of difference geo wise but the front end is quite a bit lighter lol!

bike weighs in at just over 22lbs, pretty sick for a do all Ti rig!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
You are saving almost 1 1/3lbs. of weight on the front and there should be no noticible difference in Geo as the rake is the same and only a 2mm AC length difference between the staock fork and the Niner.

Looks really great!

I am going to have to post the one I built for my father now :) Got him down to 21lbs. even with pedals and without accessories. I am jealous of the bike I built for him :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts