Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
PLEASE GOD let it be a FS BUCKSAW with at least 130mm travel. 150 mm preferred. I will order it on the spot!

EDIT: And where did you see this announcement? I just checked their website and didn't see it.

EDIT 2: Never-mind, see it on their facebook page :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
PLEASE GOD let it be a FS BUCKSAW with at least 130mm travel. 150 mm preferred. I will order it on the spot!

EDIT: And where did you see this announcement? I just checked their website and didn't see it.

EDIT 2: Never-mind, see it on their facebook page :)
A few requests for a new Bucksaw on their Bookface page, maybe a BFat 120mm version with more mounts for bike packing?

·
This place needs an enema
17,090 Posts
He made questionable public comments that made him look like a bit of an asshat, bringing Salsa's name into disrepute. If it was my company, I'd have walked away too... but lets keep this thread onto what the new bikes may be! :thumbsup:
They enabled it for years, even encouraged it. Apparently cheating is fine but misogyny is not.

The only reason they finally binned him is they couldn't sweep it under the rug the way they had his other transgressions.

·
Registered
513 Posts
They enabled it for years, even encouraged it. Apparently cheating is fine but misogyny is not.

The only reason they finally binned him is they couldn't sweep it under the rug the way they had his other transgressions.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your open letter to him from a few years ago!

The guy has been touted as an endurance "puritan" by himself and his sponsors. Obviously not the case. Quite the opposite in fact...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm not saying that they should of shouldn't have gotten rid of him, just think that there was a less dramatic way to handle it.

Like MC says - they enabled a certain behavior for a long time. All of a sudden they started going to church maybe? Don't care. Just not into the drama. There are other options out there.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
I've known of his cheating for years, I've had the opinion he's an asshole for years. That he was sponsored by Salsa didn't make me stop wanting to own Salsa's. It simply made him one more person I couldn't give two shits about the continued existence of. I rarely pay them (Salsa) any attention anymore though because its been years since they've produced a model that I've wanted to purchase.

Reactions: Shark
1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.