Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tasty looking at least. Haven't had a chance to ride this other than to the local food coop.:rolleyes: But it sure does look good! And, to top it off, lowered the front WAY down. Check it out:

Before. Reba at 100mm. Smooove and buttery goodness. I like it.

After. Salsa Cromoto Grande. Adjusted for 80. Direct and precise. Like a good chef's knife. I like it.

Oh yeah. Thanks to gunnarpilot for the fork!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice pics. How does the Salsa fork ride? As soon as I get my bonus in a couple weeks I'm getting a Mary SS and I like the look of the Salsa fork better then the Haro fork. Have you tried the Haro rigid fork or did you build the bike up with the Reba?

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it w/the Reba. Rode it that way all season. I won't really be able to give afull on report about the Salsa till spring when my trails dry out. Till then its gravel, road and s l o w snow slogs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Darn IT !!

For some reason your after pic with the Cro Moto is just giving the little red x
on my computer at work here so I cant see it....... And I've been considering that fork. Also, having trouble finding one in stock anywhere.

·
recognize the slowness
483 Posts
~martini~ said:
Got it w/the Reba. Rode it that way all season. I won't really be able to give afull on report about the Salsa till spring when my trails dry out. Till then its gravel, road and s l o w snow slogs.
Did the lower stance make it feel like you were over the front (ie 26ers) more or is there no change?

I have the stock Haro fork and will be looking to upgrade to a lighter one in the near future and that salsa looks nicer by far.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Very cool. Thanks. My buddy LOVES his Mary. It's just a fun bike period. We trade every once in awhile. My Unit for the Mary. Great for a different type of feedback/feel etc......
I like the Reba fork on my Kona, however, I also like the idea of dropping an additional pound from the front end!! And riding my friends Haro gives me a taste of the sweet rigid precision!! Jim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.