Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my wrist a few times over the years and found the salsa 15 degree bars work extremely well. Normal 7 or 9 degree bars feel awkward.

Im on salsa rustler aluminum bars, and they're great, but at ~350g, they're sort of tanks. Beyond seat clamps and my alu rustlers, I dont know much about salsa components. Hows their record for carbon bar durability?

Does anyone else do a 15 degree bar in carbon? This is going on a 160mm bike that I ride everywhere, sometimes fairly aggressively, and im 210lb. I dont want to go stupid light, but I should be able to do better than 350g for some bars.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
worldwidecyclery has a carbon rustler bar 750mm width. Don't know about getting in 800mm, but if you like the alu maybe get the carbon version.

·
Registered
10,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the sqlabs bars significantly higher quality? If salsa is known for making high quality carbon, id gladly stick with them.

Past renthal and sixc bars, I'm not sure whats good for carbon bars.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are the sqlabs bars significantly higher quality? If salsa is known for making high quality carbon, id gladly stick with them.

Past renthal and sixc bars, I'm not sure whats good for carbon bars.
The SQLabs are definitely of very high quality. Good attention to fit and finish, and a nice smooth compliant ride. I haven't seen Salsa's current generation of carbon bars in person, so I can't speak to their quality, or ride.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I ride some carbon answer 20/20 bars that I like a lot. I got mine used for $50. They have a 20 degree sweep though; 15 was nice but I found I like 20-25 better.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,775 Posts
I put the carbon rustlers on my new fatbike. I like them. 810mm I believe. I sure ain't going to be cutting them down, they feel nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.