Salsa Pro Moto 11 Degree Carbon Flat Bar
Specialized Phenom Ti Saddle
Ergon grips
Avid Ultimate Juicy Brakes
Shimano XT crank/BB
Specialized Escar 2.3 Tires
Eggbeater SL pedals
Chris King Hubs, handbuilt to DT Swiss rims

Built up by my local shop (cville bike and tri Charlottesville- for Fooftown 29'er power baby!)

Pic taken tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Will be interesting to hear the ride reports once some of these get out there into the publics hands. Definitely a nice looking bike, now get some pedals on there and go get it dirty and report back.

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
The Big Mama Rocks...

LyNx said:
Will be interesting to hear the ride reports once some of these get out there into the publics hands. Definitely a nice looking bike, now get some pedals on there and go get it dirty and report back.
They're great riding bikes. I've been on mine for more than a month now and am loving it. Just built a new rear wheel up for it last night, in fact. Czech it out -- new XTR 975 centerlock hub laced to a Stan's Flow rim with DT 14/15 and brass (yep, brass...).

Guitar Ted said I'd like that Racing Ralph too, so I went ahead and installed it tubeless with my getto sealant. Couldn't be the full NoTubes 'company man'... ;)

Dig it...

Attachments

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
crashedupderby said:
how does it ride?
Awesome. Very efficient and connected to the trail and is very solid and true tracking. The suspension works very well and the low-leverage design doesn't require high shock pressure, so I'm only running 90psi in the rear damper (I weigh 155lbs).

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Nice looking ride Mgersib :thumbsup: How's the rear end feel flex/stability wise? As to the Ralphs, yeah they're a nice tyre, quite fast, but not so found of grip when anything wet and although I thought differently for a while SUPER THIN sidewalls - just cut mine on Sunday and couldn't believe how thin it actually was. Sealant wise I can't say I've found the Stans I tried worked all the great so I've taken to adding some Slime and glitter to help it out.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
LyNx said:
Nice looking ride Mgersib :thumbsup: How's the rear end feel flex/stability wise? As to the Ralphs, yeah they're a nice tyre, quite fast, but not so found of grip when anything wet and although I thought differently for a while SUPER THIN sidewalls - just cut mine on Sunday and couldn't believe how thin it actually was. Sealant wise I can't say I've found the Stans I tried worked all the great so I've taken to adding some Slime and glitter to help it out.
I'm the opposite in terms of what you went through. I cut mine quick and early (2nd race of the season in 2008) and pronounced the Ralphs nearly "worthless". However, I patched the cut on the front 2.4 properly and have been running two sets of the Ralphs tubeless ever since on various bikes without any other problems. So I no longer pronounce them "worthless", just say they are "to be used with caution around sharp objects". Of course, I won't be running the Ralphs on the particular course where I got the cut this year, but just about every other place I'll trust 'em. No problems with Stans sealant for me with the Ralphs. I love the 2.4 up front and 2.25 in the rear combination. (Or a 2.25 up front with a Nano or Crow in the rear).

Yes, they are thin and probably most suited to less rocky terrain (great for the portions of the midwest devoid of certain geological layers called mountains). But if you think they are thin - wait until you see the Furious Freds.:p Nothing like the 335g 29"er race tire we're all waiting for to run on the rear to redefine the word "thin".

At least Schwalbe is totally up front about them...

Warning! To anyone who wants everything. Furious Fred is the fastest MTB tire - Ever! But be aware: It is not an allrounder. Grip is limited and risk of puncturing is high.
:cool:

BB

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.