Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking for a light hardtail frame for my new race bike. The Salsa is cheep and I heard many reviews about how the scandium feels very similar to a steel frame. Any comments or suggestions?

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
pots said:
I am currently looking for a light hardtail frame for my new race bike. The Salsa is cheep and I heard many reviews about how the scandium feels very similar to a steel frame. Any comments or suggestions?
Never ridden a scandium, but I would say it feels like a Aluminnium frame(cause it is!)...

I"m sure it would make up a nice race bike though:)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Salsa Caballero

I have owned a scandium Salsa Caballero for about 3 months and have done about 1500km on it!!! AWESOME!! Very light, fantastic climber and very cool cause it is different! You don't see everyone riding Salsa frames, but those who notice it will appreciate it! :) Especially U!! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, you don't see alot of salsa frames around, but those who have them seem to be satisfied. Scandium just seams to be the right choice b/c it is light, strong, cheep and not as stiff as the regular aluminum frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.