Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering when we might see some more size info coming for the 2007 models (Mamasita)? I know it was said that the Large Mamasita has 25" TT,what about S.O. etc.,

I'm on a Large Dos Niner now and wondering if it will be a Large or Med. for me in the Mamasita.

Thanks for any info.

j

·
Registered
75 Posts
Salsa Cycles said:
Just found your request in my SPAM filter. Sorry for the delay. I sent you the PDF geo chart.

Let me know if you have other questions?

Jason
Thanks Jason.....So is 18 going to be the smallest frame the Mamasita will come in?....It seams strange to make a 18" & 18.7"....Not much change in sizes

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jason (Salsa), Hi.

I caught up with Mike at the Core Bike Show yesterday (Jan 29) and asked about this.

I concluded (incorrectly?) from what was said, that Salsa were in the process of re-clarifying the sizing data. Is this new information contained in that PDF?

If so, please can you mail it me. If not, how soon will the data be available?

Kind regards

Jim @ chasebikes

·
Registered
75 Posts
The PDF I recieved from Jason shows the smallest frame to be a 18" then 18.7",20",22" being the largest......The QBP web site shows a 16" being the smallest size so I'm confused as to who is right....Any info would be great....Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
stodge said:
If the smallest (Mamasita) frame is quoted as an 18" then I guess specs have changed since last October and the QBP site hasn't been updated ??

mtbr.com/thread
Ok...Well then the QBP site is correct and the PDF that jason sent me is wrong....Qbp shows 16,18,20,22 and the PDF shows 18,18.7,20,22...Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Whoa - The facts

OK, here goes....

QBP owns Salsa. That's not a secret. What isn't clear though is the management of the websites. Salsa and QBP report geometry differently. Here are the facts and why.

Mamasita is offered in 4 sizes. Small, Medium, Large, X-Large. The rough equivalent sizes are 16", 18", 20" and 22" respectively. QBP's website needs to put equivalent sizes in so that it fits in a nice little table. Since QBP distributes many brands and we all size our bikes differently, it can look like there is different information.

Salsa catalog and new website (coming soon) show size and then show the corresponding overall seat tube measurement. OAL is the length from the center of the BB to the very top of the seat clamp. This measurement is typically about 2" above the actual seat tube and top tube junction.

So to recap,

Small = roughly a 16" with an 18" overall seat tube length
Medium = roughly 18" with an 18.7" overall seat tube length
Large = roughly a 20" with a 20" overall seat tube length
X-Large = roughtly a 22" with a 22" overall seat tube length.

A Small has an 18" overall seat tube length while the medium has an 18.7" OAL. Why is there only a .7" different difference between the Small/Medium and a 2" difference between the other larger sizes? I'm glad you asked. We chose to make the small and medium sizes compatible with two water bottles. Many mfg don't do this and we still want two mounts on our bikes whenever possible. Our bikes are perfect for endurance type events, 100 milers, adventure racing etc and we believe two mounts are better than one.

I hope this helps.

Jason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.