Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
artistic...
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to convert my hardtail up front to 650b.. it's a 00 Ibis, susp. fork should be a 63mm travel. The salsa fork is equivalent to a 80mm travel fork. Can't find any more infos regarding rake and A-C length. Would that work ok?

·
Ovaries on the Outside
4,424 Posts
Not suspension corrected, right? Like a 395mm a-c? I had a Nev 2.35 on a Synergy rim on an '89 Rockhopper and it rubbed enough I went down to a 2.1. But yeah, you should be ok, just don't go buy a huge tire unless you do some measuring first.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
want to convert my hardtail up front to 650b.. it's a 00 Ibis, susp. fork should be a 63mm travel. The salsa fork is equivalent to a 80mm travel fork. Can't find any more infos regarding rake and A-C length. Would that work ok?
There are a few different ala Carte forks (look at the Salsa) frame/bike archives), all are longer than I would use on your Ibis.

The CroMoto 26" would be the better choice. Salsa Cycles | Components
Note that the disc only version is longer.

·
Registered
847 Posts
00 mojo? I had a 99 mojo and I was able to fit a quasi in the back. I wasn't as happy with it as my other 650b experiments and so it went back to 26. I also tried running it 69 before that but I wasn't lucky there either. If I remember correctly I was using a Kelly and a Pace fork

Let us know how it works out for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.