Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Sweater
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't get much better than they were today. Super tacky with perfect temps and great skies. Saw less people than we did on friday when it was raining, but still pretty busy. Have to expect that when its this good. A few of us hit salmon falls>tower>lower mickey. A couple cell phone photos....

Dont really know how to put text in between the photos, so I guess youll have to read,scroll,read,scroll......

1) Turkey buzzard with snowy mountain backdrop from the lookout tower
2) A sweet shot of my ear with a mediocre backdrop < still looking for sarcastic text font
3 & 4) trail from tower to lower mickey
5) shot from the parking to some folks walking the infamous rock/cliff

Attachments

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I don't think that was considered lower mickey. I think what we walked down was lower mickey (roots+ruts convo on the best line)

Does anyone know what the s/t trail that you hop on from upper-lower mickey for a bit is called? If you keep heading west and pass the tower trail to your right, you hit that rocky steep dh section that shoots you onto the main sf/darrington trail.

It has to have a name, what is it!

:)

ps, I'm not in any pix? Pedal faster! ;)

-Adrian

·
Sweater
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the google earth of what we rode. Does anyone know the name of the trail between 1st turn and 2nd turn? Is that considered part of lower mickey or does it have its own designation? I don't really know, its the first time Ive ridden that section.

As far as pedaling faster, I'm like a hamster in a wheel. I spin like hell and go nowhere. You're just going to have to wait up if you want to be famous:smilewinkgrin:

Attachments

·
mtb'er
4,210 Posts
On google maps, that section is "Salmon Falls Rd" :confused: .... I suppose it was a mining road at some time. The unofficial Lower MM is just the singletrack that shoots off the road to the east, down to Salmon Falls.

As for the rough singletrack at the end of the road, it's whatever you want to call it. Most of the people I know call it the "goat trail".

How's the tower trail? I haven't been out there in a long time. I need to collect the tools I left out there! However... if we can get 10 guys with tools, we could do a little re-route that would make that uphill rideable.

·
Sweater
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, we rode down goat trail or went down anyhow, couldn't really call it riding. We saw lower Mickey but didn't ride it. Tower trail is in decent shape, just a little overgrown.

·
Registered
271 Posts
um.... could I see a little bit of the right ear?:rolleyes:
(the green smilie rolling his eyes can be used until someone invents sarcastica font)

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,969 Posts
Your 3rd & 4th pics are of a new bit of trail that a few of us have been working on. Glad to see you found it & rode it- you must have made it up to the rickety old tower? You ever want to help work on that section, let me know. :thumbsup:

If you go over the top and down the other side, there's the beginning of a trail that will take you down to the main Darrington trail. Steep as sh!t, tho.

fp

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
thanks to you we know where it is!

I tried looking for the trail you're talking about, couldn't see anything defined at all!

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
How did you ride out there without dying? I have heard Salmon Falls is the most extreme **** around?

·
Sweater
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nachomc said:
How did you ride out there without dying? I have heard Salmon Falls is the most extreme **** around?
We had our epic helmets on.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Was out there on Friday; it was alright then. Saw a bunch of guys drinking and BBQing out there. That light sprinkle didn't do too much to the trail--luckily.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
nachomc said:
He's way smarter in person ladies and gentlemen, I swear! :madman:

There's already a thread out there for thsi. If you wanna go ride mickey mouse w/o a helmet, go for it! :thumbsup: :eekster:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rode Salmon Falls and Mickey Mouse today... thank you (Fatrak?) for trimming back the bushes on both trails. Much appreciated! Mickey was bad a$$!

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,969 Posts
Poach said:
Rode Salmon Falls and Mickey Mouse today... thank you (Fatrak?) for trimming back the bushes on both trails. Much appreciated! Mickey was bad a$$!
Lol- I doubt that FATRAC had anything to do with Mickey Mouse being trimmed. It was probably trimmed with a shotgun. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Poach said:
FATRAC had a work day out there last weekend, but no way they did any work on Mickey Mouse. Most likely somebody with an empty beer glass did that work;)

·
more skier than biker
2,378 Posts
rsquared28 said:
FATRAC had a work day out there last weekend, but no way they did any work on Mickey Mouse. Most likely somebody with an empty beer glass did that work;)
yep, you can thank the Folsom/EDH chapter of the Mickey Mouse Fan Club!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts