Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I've had a Pliny
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
More Trailwork!!! South Fork American River Trail (Salmon Falls area) - The American River Conservancy (www.arconservancy.org) and Bureau of Land Management are hosting a maintenance day, this Saturday the 29th, from 9am to 1pm - mostly brush trimming along the trail.

The workday effort will be near Equestrian Road, and will be meeting at Skunk Hollow State Parks parking lot to carpool in.

Register with Kristin Powell at [email protected].

Trail Matienence Volunteer Work Party - American River Conservancy

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Salmon Falls area trail work this Saturday, 3/29

I participated in the last ARC trailwork day a few weeks ago. We trimmed back a ton of brush, but there was very little PO in sight. Not even the little bare twigs.

What's the situation with weather?

·
mtb'er
4,310 Posts
same day as trail work on culvert ?~..

seems counter productive since its always hard to find bodies
Very true, but out of our hands (from a scheduling aspect)... and human resources were being managed to cover both. For better or worse, BLM cancelled the South Fork trailwork late this afternoon, as they were not stoked on the weather forecast. Govt. isn't so good at making last minute calls, it seems.

So... all hands on deck for Culvert, unless it rains so much even SBTS pulls the plug (as they've indicated they'll do if it is pouring). Just keep checking the website and here. If the weather looks questionable for Saturday morning, I'm sure the word will get out either Friday night or early Saturday morning if Culvert is a go.

Wet dirt is good dirt to work with! I hope the show goes on at Culvert!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.