Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering when bikes usually start to go on sale with real good deals?

I'm planning on spending ~$600 on a bike, and will stay with my old bike(20" CCM Riptide) if I'll be able to save money

Thanks for your help

Also, what is a reasonable "deal" to ask when your buying a bike?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have never seen much more than 20% off of retail unless its something that is either too small or too big and they are having trouble selling it. The LBS might not be willing to wheel and deal much more than what they have listed the bike for unless you can tell them you can get it cheaper some where else. If you have an REI in the area you live about twice a year they have a 20% off sale on any one regular priced item including bikes. Thats about the best deal I have seen for new bikes. Usually the "sale" season seems to start in September until they get rid of the old models which is usually by the end of December. Places like Supergo further discount bikes into the spring on the previous model years. For instance earlier this year they had an $1800 bike they had knocked down to $1000 but it was only in a small size. I think the 20% off figure is about right on a bike that will soon be last years model. Its not a deal though unless you are totally happy with the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.