Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya all ya Saints out there....
Since I'm installing a 150X12 rear wheel on my new DH rig I decided to go to go with the Saint Rear derailleur. my 2 issues are:
1. there are 2 available Saint models for the 150 rear wheel with the wider 12mm axle, the RD-M805 & RD-M806, could someone tell me the difference so that I order the right one (please don't confuse with the standard RD-M800 for a standard 135mm rear wheel)?
2. If I would like to install a 11-34 cassette with a 36t single chainring, would the short cage rear derailleur do (there are the short, medium & long cage versions)? Or need I use a medium cage?

Cheers...

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Depends on how much chain growth you have as you cycle through the suspension. A short cage may be a tight fit with the 11-34 spread. To be on the safe side, I'd go 11-32 or run a medium cage.

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
Zlang said:
Heya all ya Saints out there....
Since I'm installing a 150X12 rear wheel on my new DH rig I decided to go to go with the Saint Rear derailleur. my 2 issues are:
1. there are 2 available Saint models for the 150 rear wheel with the wider 12mm axle, the RD-M805 & RD-M806, could someone tell me the difference so that I order the right one (please don't confuse with the standard RD-M800 for a standard 135mm rear wheel)?
2. If I would like to install a 11-34 cassette with a 36t single chainring, would the short cage rear derailleur do (there are the short, medium & long cage versions)? Or need I use a medium cage?

Cheers...
Ok, RD-M800/801 = standard 135 x 10mm rear wheel. RD-M805/806 = 150 x 12mm rear wheel.

The difference between 805 and 806 is that 805 = Low Normal (Rapid Rise) and 806 = High Normal (Normal Rise). You probably want the normal rise...

The SS (short cage) will fit up to a 34t cassette, so you should be fine. the size of the cassette doesn't have anything to do with chain growth, just what the derailleur will shift up to.

:thumbsup:

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
No, a 11-34 already stretches the limits of the short cage. But as you encounter chain growth, it may be more than the derailleur can take. And if you read, that is what I had said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.